Ask me anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
What social attitudes in the Somali community do you think are most corrosive to our wellbeing?

Tribalism is an obvious one. We don;t need more divisions, we need to rebuild our country quick and tribalism is the only thing in the way. Another one is the obsession with politics. Jamal Osman is trying to bring down the whole government over the Qalbidhagax fiasco and I think it's a such a counter productive Somali thing to do. I also think we have an issue with religion, I know some families are happy with their kids if they pray and they don;t care care if they succeed in other ways. For example a friend of mine's brother said that I became depressed because I was 'doing bad things', just like Inquisitive said. I was so angry at him because he lives off the state and I've filled out benefits forms for him and gone to his kid's doctors appointments with him when he first came to the country as a favour and he thinks just because I don't wear a headscarf that I'm a bad person. I could have judged him but I didn't, I went out of my way to help him. His sister apologised though.

Tribalism is an obvious one. We don;t need more divisions, we need to rebuild our country quick and tribalism is the only thing in the way. Another one is the obsession with politics. Jamal Osman is trying to bring down the whole government over the Qalbidhagax fiasco and I think it's a such a counter productive Somali thing to do. I also think we have an issue with religion, I know some families are happy with their kids if they pray and they don;t care care if they succeed in other ways. For example a friend of mine's brother said that I became depressed because I was 'doing bad things', just like Inquisitive said. I was so angry at him because he lives off the state and I've filled out benefits forms for him and gone to his kid's doctors appointments with him when he first came to the country as a favour and he thinks just because I don't wear a headscarf that I'm a bad person. I could have judged him but I didn't, I went out of my way to help him. His sister apologised though.
You should have castrated that guy. He needs to be deported ASAP. Somali women never wore the headrag till the civil war brought Saudi dress codes to corrupt our way of life. Before that our culture was to wear dirac and guntiino that showcased our women's shapely form. Their arms and hair basked in the sun just like God intended. We need to decontaminate ourselves thoroughly from Arabism. Headrags were the uniform of Arab s in Jahiliyya, which is why every time I see a burka clad woman I ask her for sex.

You should have castrated that guy. He needs to be deported ASAP. Somali women never wore the headrag till the civil war brought Saudi dress codes to corrupt our way of life. Before that our culture was to wear dirac and guntiino that showcased our women's shapely form. Their arms and hair basked in the sun just like God intended. We need to decontaminate ourselves thoroughly from Arabism. Headrags were the uniform of Arab s in Jahiliyya, which is why every time I see a burka clad woman I ask her for sex.

Hey hey, my family all wear it. I think it should be a choice though. Currently it's forced on girls as young as 3 and I disagree with that.

He got the British passport, saved up his huge benefits and then fucked off to live in Saudi Arabia where he runs a pharmacy. All paid for by the British tax payer and shopping at Lidl and Aldi.

Hey hey, my family all wear it. I think it should be a choice though. Currently it's forced on girls as young as 3 and I disagree with that.
They banned it in Muslim countries like Turkey and Tunisia for many decades. Very wise move. Corrupt sheikhs preach it is Islamic, but headwraps were the sartorial code of the Arab mushrikeen who fought the prophet. The Quraish men used to wear Turbans and khamis, whilst the women wore bedsheets on their heads, whilst ironically leaving their breasts exposed, according to Ibn Kathir, yet these morons think pagan Arab customs are Islamic. The Quran only says women should cover their breasts with a khimar. The word "hijab" is never used to describe headgear.

They banned it in Muslim countries like Turkey and Tunisia for many decades. Very wise move. Corrupt sheikhs preach it is Islamic, but headwraps were the sartorial code of the Arab mushrikeen who fought the prophet. The Quraish men used to wear Turbans and khamis, whilst the women wore bedsheets on their heads, whilst ironically leaving their breasts exposed, according to Ibn Kathir.

Yet these morons think pagan Arab customs are Islamic. The Quran only says women should cover their breasts with a khimar. The word "hijab" is never used to describe headgear.

Hijab comes from hadiths as far as know but I could be wrong because whenever I say that some religious person tries to prove it's in the quran. I've read it says 'cover your bodies' , I've read it says 'cover your breasts', I've read it says cover everything except one eye ffs. That's why I'm not religious, too many interpretations.

Hijab comes from hadiths as far as know but I could be wrong because whenever I say that some religious person tries to prove it's in the quran. I've read it says 'cover your bodies' , I've read it says 'cover your breasts', I've read it says cover everything except one eye ffs. That's why I'm not religious, too many interpretations.
Many hadiths are bogus. They were written two hundred years after the prophet died without his input or awareness. Some scholars have written books exposing the bogus material in collections like Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. They contradict the Quran, reason, and science. They're viciously anti-women as well. No surprise there because they were written by medieval men.

This scholar says that women don't have to cover their heads:

Many hadiths are bogus. They were written two hundred years after the prophet died without his input or awareness. Some scholars have written books exposing the bogus material in collections like Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. They contradict the Quran, reason, and science. They're viciously anti-women as well. No surprise there because they were written by medieval men.

This scholar says that women don't have to cover their heads:

He seems to support hijab as a head covering but it against it being a sin to not wear it.

Yeah, he says it is not waajib. Just a cultural holdover from ancient Arabia. Respect to him.

yeah he does say that it's ancient and I've always known that. Virgin Mary used to wear it and centuries before that. It's not just Arabs but I've seen Orthodox Christians wear it too.

@BANTU It's going well. I've written the first draft. I'm writing the second, better draft at the moment. They say it takes 20 drafts to create a bestseller so I won't sell myself short. I'll edit it until it's a page turner. Thank you for asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending