Ask me anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Somalis are about ~40% West Asian [1] [2]
from your own source :drakekidding::hahaidiot:
Doesn't mean we're Arabs though. Also this was in the same sentence "but this admixture is quite ancient and is old enough to have been mostly shared with South Cushites who departed the Horn long before Somali Islamization and is entirely shared with populations such as Ḥabeshas and Agaws who haven't shared a gene pool with Somalis for at least ~3,000 years-> it clearly was not incurred within the last 700 to 1400 years."

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
And 35generations is approx 900 years,your point being mate
the point is the fact that you claim a lineage so far off and distant from you. just stating in the time since Darod died you have had more than 1 million Somali ancestors and one Arab ancestor, you see the point now?

the point is the fact that you claim a lineage so far off and distant from you. just stating in the time since Darod died you have had more than 1 million Somali ancestors and one Arab ancestor, you see the point now?
But on DNA test Somalis ussally get 20-30 percent Middle eastern DNA

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
But on DNA test Somalis ussally get 20-30 percent Middle eastern DNA
That's if their using ancestry.com which doesn't have enough samples from East Africans. 23Andme is more accurate and Somalis usually get 96%east African. Some users from here also did DNA tests and got over 95% East African

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
the father is what matters, somalisif i marry an ajinabi my kids wSomalisan if my half white male son marries an ajinabi his progeny will still be considered somalis

That's if their using ancestry.com which doesn't have enough samples from East Africans. 23Andme is more accurate and Somalis usually get 96%east African. Some users from here also did DNA tests and got over 95% East African
Although this is true somalis although homogeneous are very diverse I've seen somalis in 23and me with participants having 10% South Asian DNA maybe because of thats were halogroup T originated

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Although this is true somalis although homogeneous are very diverse I've seen somalis in 23and me with participants having 10% South Asian DNA maybe because of thats were halogroup T originated
Maybe they just have a bit of cadcad admixture. Most Somalis with hablogroup t are dir. I believe a @jugjugwacwac did a DNA test and was hablogroup t (with 0 south Asian blood)

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
the father is what matters, somalisif i marry an ajinabi my kids wSomalisan if my half white male son marries an ajinabi his progeny will still be considered somalis
There's no evidence to suggest that daroods are of Arab origin. They are the same as the rest of Somalis.

Cigaal

يا نبي سلام عليك
Found a thread of someone taking a DNA test (who also got hablogroup t)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending