Ash’aris and Tawassul

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
Can someone please provide me with the mutawatir hadiths establishing the practice of tawassul in these sense of dua through dead awliyaa and Prophets(as). Don't bother with ahaad narrations because those are not enough

Can someone please provide me with the mutawatir hadiths establishing the practice of tawassul in these sense of dua through dead awliyaa and Prophets(as). Don't bother with ahaad narrations because those are not enough
ash'aris believes that god is not above his throne

Cyrus

ash'aris believes that god is not above his throne
Yes I know akhi, I’m specifically asking about Tawassuf right now. What’s the Ashari view on Tawassuf and provide for me Mutawatir a Hadeeth.

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
@Cyrus,

Isn't tawassul a fiqhi issue? What does this have to do with Asharis?

Best,

Faahiye

Cyrus

@Cyrus,

Isn't tawassul a fiqhi issue? What does this have to do with Asharis?

Best,

Faahiye
I understand but modern asharis have made it into an aqeedah issue. If it's not an Aqeedah issue then it's wrong to say asharis/maturidis allow it since it has nothing to do with Asharism or Maturidism which are schools of aqidah, that originally never had anything to do with tawassul anyway

Tawassul is to ask Allah by the virtue of something.
It has several forms all of which are permissible.

1.Asking a person who is seemingly close to Allah to makr dua for us. The prophet saws in one hadith told umar to anticipate a man from Yemen whose dua was mustajab and to have that man make dua for him.

2.Asking by the virtue of your deeds. This is to say to Allah "ya Allah i ask you to do this and that by virtue of this right action that i have done". This is permissible based on the hadith of the men stuck in the cave. Each asked Allah by virtue of a right action until the cave fully opened

3.Asking Allah by the virtue of a person, a thing or a covenant. This is to ask Allah to grant you khair vy the virtue of something he has blessed or granted infinite khair like saying "Ya Allah i ask you to answer this dua for the sake of your prophet" knowing that Allah woild not dishonor his prophet and deny you your dua. The perfect example of this occurs in the Quran when the pagans of egypt beseech Musa; they tell him

When tormented, they pleaded, “O Moses! Pray to your Lord on our behalf, by virtue of the covenant He made with you. If you help remove this torment from us, we will certainly believe in you and let the Children of Israel go with you.”

-Sura Al-A'raf, Ayah 134

"Bima ahida endak" by virtue of what he has promised you. They not only asked him to make dua but that when he made dua, to ask by virtue of the sacred promise that Allah made to Musa. Thar dua was swiftly answered

Cyrus

Tawassul is to ask Allah by the virtue of something.
It has several forms all of which are permissible.

1.Asking a person who is seemingly close to Allah to makr dua for us. The prophet saws in one hadith told umar to anticipate a man from Yemen whose dua was mustajab and to have that man make dua for him.

2.Asking by the virtue of your deeds. This is to say to Allah "ya Allah i ask you to do this and that by virtue of this right action that i have done". This is permissible based on the hadith of the men stuck in the cave. Each asked Allah by virtue of a right action until the cave fully opened

3.Asking Allah by the virtue of a person, a thing or a covenant. This is to ask Allah to grant you khair vy the virtue of something he has blessed or granted infinite khair like saying "Ya Allah i ask you to answer this dua for the sake of your prophet" knowing that Allah woild not dishonor his prophet and deny you your dua. The perfect example of this occurs in the Quran when the pagans of egypt beseech Musa; they tell him

When tormented, they pleaded, “O Moses! Pray to your Lord on our behalf, by virtue of the covenant He made with you. If you help remove this torment from us, we will certainly believe in you and let the Children of Israel go with you.”

-Sura Al-A'raf, Ayah 134

"Bima ahida endak" by virtue of what he has promised you. They not only asked him to make dua but that when he made dua, to ask by virtue of the sacred promise that Allah made to Musa. Thar dua was swiftly answered
Oh ok so what’s the Ashari view on this akhi?

I like how Salafis act original, when they belong to a sect that was founded in the 1930s. At best, you can trace its predecessor movement to the 18th century.

Cyrus

I like how Salafis act original, when they belong to a sect that was founded in the 1930s. At best, you can trace its predecessor movement to the 18th century.
Salafis have always existed to be a Salaf you just have to take the opinions of the first three generations of Islam seriously.

Plus I like most Salafis look into religion from an Ashari lens. Evidence based Islam has always been the way and most Muslims are Salafis mashallah

Trending