Arranged marriages are a curse to this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife kills FIFTEEN of her in-laws in botched bid to murder her husband with poisoned milk because she was forced into an arranged marriage in Pakistan
  • Aasia Bibi, 21, forced to marry Amjad Akram, 25, against her will in September
  • Young bride allegedly hatched a plot to kill him by poisoning his glass of milk
  • But he did not consume it and his mother-in-law used it to make another drink
  • This was unwittingly served up to Amjad's family members leading to 15 deaths
upload_2017-11-1_15-34-39.png

upload_2017-11-1_15-35-1.png
upload_2017-11-1_15-35-11.png

upload_2017-11-1_15-36-16.png

upload_2017-11-1_15-36-31.png

upload_2017-11-1_15-37-26.png

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...botched-bid-poison-husband.html#ixzz4xD6b39uN

She deserves it

There was a woman service user that I visited in prison. She was put into an arranged marriage and physically and verbally abused by her in laws until she developed mental health problems, they even made her sleep on the kitchen floor if she wouldn't have sex with her arranged husband. One day she snapped and killed him with a kitchen knife as he slept. Arranged marriages can be really unhappy and I do understand the circumstances that would lead someone like that to murder. In this case it's just really unfortunate that it lead to the death of the whole family.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
Damn, probably worse than death. Being forced to spend your life with someone you didn't choose or want.

Damn, probably worse than death. Being forced to spend your life with someone you didn't choose or want.

Quite common among Somalis in the past. I doubt it bothered Xalimos of old due to social conditioning. Poor Xalimos would be handed over to an enemy clan as part of a peace offering.

We Wuz Brutal, but some of us would not be here if that didn't happen.:kanyeshrug:

Arranged marriage was the way people got married until recently(the last 100 years), and it's been successful.
Things have changed tho, people shouldn't be forced to marry someone they don't want to marry. It's an easy concept but so many people in the world don't get it.

World

VIP
Quite common among Somalis in the past. I doubt it bothered Xalimos of old due to social conditioning. Poor Xalimos would be handed over to an enemy clan as part of a peace offering.

We Wuz Brutal, but some of us would not be here if that didn't happen.:kanyeshrug:
That’s not forced marriage though, that’s arranged marriage.

99 % of the world practiced arranged marriages 200 years ago. And their marriages were successful unlike today where most marriages end in divorce.

Political marriages were common even in England etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending