Areas in London where Somalis live

Swiss Cottage did not get a mentioning, eh? One of the earlier settlements by Somalis i.e. a couple of BBC journalists lived there incl. Cali Sugulle, who founded a Somali community office there post his retirement, and many families moved in thereafter.

Nor did Cricklewood, a fine Irish working class neighbourhood, a riot on steroids on weekends; I used o visit a mate from Uni there from time to time, and her family were almost always either drunken, feuding, or raising hell with the neighbours. In a dare, I participated in my first bare knuckle fight with drunken Irish and gypsies.

Then, there are Hampstead, and Battersea, where I briefly shared a flat with Arab mates. A great deal of good times in those days.
You right Washington DC is ugly place
We never go to south east DC , because stray bullet , you constantly her gun fire.
Pennsylvania Ave and North west DC and Adam’s Morgan area is okay.
But DC and Baltimore you have to be careful, you can be victim of homicide any time.
Exception being areas near George Mason Uni, the night life, restaurants, and the atmosphere. Up North, there used to be a decent Somali restaurant, good food, jazzy vibe, the first Somali haunt where alcohol was being served. Perhaps in another day, I'll recount my first unpleasant encounter with AAs in Baltimore.

@techsamatar Smiley is a slighting appellation for the Toffs in the South East.

Last edited:

Trending