Are your parents related?

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
My father mother side is warsengeli and his dad is Dhul but my mother is Dhul, It was weird that the people of my tuulo used to call my mother canfar which means afar, so I asked her if she was really an afar she said NO,

Last edited:
My father mother side is warsengeli and his dad is Dhul but my mother is Dhul, It was weird that the people of my tuulo used to call my mother canfar which means afar, so I asked her if she was really an afar she said NO,
Yaad ka tahay Dhulbahante ina adeer

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Same clan but my 23andme said my parents are 100% not related which is weird

You can have parents from the same tribe (like myself) and not be related at all. On 23andme I have 3rd and 4th cousins on there that are from totally different parts of Somalia and completely different qabils (which I would not expect would have any relation to me). Yet my parents would never appear there as relatives of each other (even distantly).
Also being different qabils doesn't exactly make you unrelated either. :ohno: So all these people claiming their parents are from different regions and are unrelated might be in for a surprise. As they could be related and not know it.

You can have parents from the same tribe (like myself) and not be related at all. On 23andme I have 3rd and 4th cousins on there that are from totally different parts of Somalia and completely different qabils (which I would not expect would have any relation to me). Yet my parents would never appear there as relatives of each other (even distantly).
Also being different qabils doesn't exactly make you unrelated either. :ohno: So all these people claiming their parents are from different regions and are unrelated might be in for a surprise. As they could be related and not know it.
23andme said I have white and oromo cousins lol

I’m probably one of the least inbred Somalis. Father is Hawiye. Mother is Isaaq. I’ve got Arap, Cidagalle, Ogaden(on both sides), MJ and Cisse maternal ancestors, that I know it so far.:russsmug:

Som

VIP
curious. are your parents related or even from the same clan?
Technically my parents have one ancestor in common about 40 generation ago. His name was Abdurahman Ismail Al jabarti aka Darood:denzelnigga:
Nah all jokes aside , they aren't related.

Trending

Latest posts