Are You More Stressed At Home Than At Work? You're Not Alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can relate?

"Many people find home life more stressful than work, according to a newstudy from Pennsylvania State University. And this is true, the researchers found, when looking at how people say they feel and at the levels of their stress hormones at home vs. work. So, if you’ve ever noticed a slight sense of relief as you head back off to the office the next morning, it should make you feel a little better to know that you’re not alone.

In the new study, researchers had 122 people swab their cheeks three times a day, so they could measure the participants’ cortisol levels. Cortisol is a key stress hormone, and rises when we’re in stressful situations. They also asked the people to rate their moods at home and at work.

The surprising finding was that people’s cortisol levels were much lower when they were at work than when they were at home. And this difference seemed to span all socioeconomic statuses."

I think it happens because you have a sense of stability at work. You have a job to do. It's an endless spiral of activities at home. My 2 cents though.

Last edited:

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Yeah, school and on occasion my personal life stresses me out. I'm never stressed at work. I get paid to browse on the internet :ahh:

I think it happens because you have a sense of stability at work. You have a job to do. It's an endless spiral of activities at home. My 2 cents though.

It's interesting though stress at work was less for both parents and non parents but the difference was larger for non parents. I'm assuming parents would have more active lives at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts