Are you even Somali if....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Are you even Somali if your parenta only hug and kiss you only on weddings and funerals

Are you even Somali if you have family/relatives in more 10 countries(free vacation)

Are you even Somali if you mom and dad beat you up for no reason.

Are you even Somali if you have relatives staying over for years.

Are you even Somali if your parents never congratulate you on your achievements.

Are you even Somali if your mom over feeds you and say you are skinny when you are chubby.

Are you even Somali if your mom give you Habad Sawoda and read Quran on you when you feel sick.

Are you even Somali if boys allowed to do only homework and and girls are supposed to do both homework and chores.

I got all of them except for the last one, but I’ve seen it happen all the time to my female cousins. They get yelled at when they say they can’t do the chores because they’ve got homework to do whilst their brothers laze about.

Are you even Somali if your parenta only hug and kiss you only on weddings and funerals

Are you even Somali if you have family/relatives in more 10 countries(free vacation)

Are you even Somali if your parents never congratulate you on your achievements.

Are you even Somali if your mom over feeds you and say you are skinny when you are chubby.

Are you even Somali if your mom give you Habad Sawoda and read Quran on you when you feel sick.

Are you even Somali if boys allowed to do only homework and and girls are supposed to do both homework and chores.
""Are you even Somali if you have relatives staying over for years""
YEAAARs? years?
giphy.gif

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Are you even Somali if your parenta only hug and kiss you only on weddings and funerals-- My parents hug me everyday

Are you even Somali if you have family/relatives in more 10 countries(free vacation) --- You're right about this, I've an uncle who lives in Iceland out of all places.

Are you even Somali if you mom and dad beat you up for no reason-- My parents never laid their hands on me!!

Are you even Somali if you have relatives staying over for years.Youre right, I had a relative who stayed with us for 4 years while she was in college, She was living the good life though, she never paid rent, no grocery shopping. She was sending money to her parents in Nairobi though.

Are you even Somali if your parents never congratulate you on your achievements.-- My parents congratulated me on every achievement.
Bismillah what kind of parents do you guys have?

Are you even Somali if your mom over feeds you and say you are skinny when you are chubby-- I wasn't chubby, I was skinny kid so yes my mom would over feed me. I love Sabayat so she would make it just for me everyday..
Are you even Somali if your mom give you Habad Sawoda and read Quran on you when you feel sick-- Not my mom but my grandma, she would give me black seed oil and honey every morning before school.

Are you even Somali if boys allowed to do only homework and and girls are supposed to do both homework and chores-- Not at our house, the boys and girls all had chores, my brothers were in charge of taking out the trash, vacuuming, mowing the grass, washing my parents cars and getting groceries out of the car.

Haha got hit so hard here , no congrats part though

Muji

VIP
Are you even Somali if boys allowed to do only homework and and girls are supposed to do both homework and chores-- Not at our house, the boys and girls all had chores, my brothers were in charge of taking out the trash, vacuuming, mowing the grass, washing my parents cars and getting groceries out of the car.

@Reiko notice how these chores are either easy (vacuuming) or only happen once a week/month (grocery shopping and washing cars). And I noticed you said boys, so these chores spread out are nothing. I’m sure the girls were struggled with the more frequent and harder jobs (washing dishes, laundry etc)

Sis when it comes to gender equality in the somali community, no xalimo has lucked out :geek:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
@Reiko notice how these chores are either easy (vacuuming) or only happen once a week/month (grocery shopping and washing cars). And I noticed you said boys, so these chores spread out are nothing. I’m sure the girls were struggled with the more frequent and harder jobs (washing dishes, laundry etc)

Sis when it comes to gender equality in the somali community, no xalimo has lucked out :geek:

:rejoice: I have benefited. My brothers legitimately thought I was the favoured one while they scrubbed and cleaned. They complained of asymmetry in household chores.
It's made me bloody spoiled.:snoop: I'm just waiting when there are housekeeping bots.

Cooking and cleaning are important life skills regardless of gender. Both daughters and sons should be able to cook and clean.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I got 3 out of 8:ftw9nwa:

What three Xaawo?:wtf:

Are you even Somali if you get divorced three times before and still wear Taaj on you wedding.

Are you even Somali if you or your family members are on Hagbad/Ayuuto.

Are you even Somali if you down low would love to be President of Somalia and believe you would run better than anyone ever.

Are you even Somali if your parents encourage sons to study Engineering or Medicine and ask their daughters to study only health care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts