Are you a sensor or intuitive? 70% of the population is literal-minded and unimaginative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people are sensors. They are focused on the present. What they can see, touch, smell---the concrete.
These people like small talk, gossip, celebrity pop culture, etc. Their conversations largely revolve around what they did, saw, watched---which they describe in a literal, sequential way.

30% of people are intuitive. Intuitive people are future-oriented. They recognize patterns quickly and gather impressions. They are imaginative and can read between the lines. They are very comfortable with the abstract, and tend to discuss ideas and concepts during conversations

------

A conversation between two sensor Somalis:

Xalimo 1: OMG, did you see that new dress Nastexo was wearing?
Xalimo 2: Yea, omg, it was so cute. I loved these little swirling flowers on them?
Xalimo 1: YES YES! OMG it was manshallah

A conversation between two intuitive Somalis:

Xalimo 1: Did you see the new dress Nastexo was wearing? I wonder why she got it
Xalimo 2: I think it's for her husband. Yellow is his favorite color and they've been having marital problems.
Xalimo 1: Really? I wonder why marital problems are so common in our community?
Xalimo 2: ~ ~ ~

Sensors, what are your thoughts on being literal-minded?

Tukraq

VIP
Most people are sensors. They are focused on the present. What they can see, touch, smell---the concrete.
These people like small talk, gossip, celebrity pop culture, etc. Their conversations largely revolve around what they did, saw, watched---which they describe in a literal, sequential way.

30% of people are intuitive. Intuitive people are future-oriented. They recognize patterns quickly and gather impressions. They are imaginative and can read between the lines. They are very comfortable with the abstract, and tend to discuss ideas and concepts during conversations

------

Xalimo 2: Yea, omg, it was so cute. I loved these little swirling flowers on them?

Xalimo 1: Did you see the new dress Nastexo was wearing? I wonder why she got it
Xalimo 2: I think it's for her husband. Yellow is his favorite color and they've been having marital problems.

I think this is the difference between the two high IQ populations in the East Asians and the Ashkenazi Jews

I think this is the difference between the two high IQ populations in the East Asians and the Ashkenazi Jews

All populations, including Ashkenazi Jewish, are majority sensor.
But you are getting at something interesting, which is that some groups seem to have cultures which are better suited toward intuitive types (European Jewish) while others very clearly favor sensors (East Asian).

Intuitive like reading, writing, debating ideas, challenging one another to intellectual debates---and all of this is readily available in Jewish culture, even in their religious communities. Sensors, on the other hand, love authority, tradition, conformity to what the majority is doing, and a focus on practicalities (East Asian culture seems overtly suited toward sensors, which is probably why China was so backward for so long and still lags behind the U.S in technology innovation even though Chinese have high technical aptitude).

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP

------

Sensors tend to be those able to quickly adapt to new shitty environments and trudge through it by ignorance/shear will.

Intuitives are useful in a stable society but would end up getting eating by lions if they had to survive by themselves.

It isn't a clear cut though... Most people are a bit of both.

Sensors tend to be those able to quickly adapt to new shitty environments and trudge through it by ignorance/shear will.

Intuitives are useful in a stable society but would end up getting eating by lions if they had to survive by themselves.

It isn't a clear cut though... Most people are a bit of both.

You have it flipped. It's the complete opposite.
Why do you say intuitives can't handle change?

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
WTF
Who looks at someones bati and thinks
"hmm yellow, marital disputes"
obviously it's the opposite duh

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
You have it flipped. It's the complete opposite.
Why do you say intuitives can't handle change?

Intuitives are too busy pondering abstract things while sensors seem to be more in the present.

If a tiger came at intuitives they would start thinking about existential thoughts while their limbs are getting chewed on.

Sensors would let their base fight or flight instinct take over instantly.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
Intuitives are too busy pondering abstract things while sensors seem to be more in the present.

If a tiger came at intuitives they would start thinking about existential thoughts while their limbs are getting chewed on.

Sensors would let their base fight or flight instinct take over instantly.

Intuitives are the types that change a society, for better or worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts