Are we silently lying to ourselves when we say looks don't matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, people flock to beautiful people, however the lure of their good looks doesn't last long.

What stands the test of time is good character. That is what builds and sustains relationships.

I simply look for a good looking chick. Who can sit beside some ugly chick just cuz she has good character? Miss me with that shit dont want an ugly offspring either.

Tukraq

VIP
Yes, people flock to beautiful people, however the lure of their good looks doesn't last long.

What stands the test of time is good character. That is what builds and sustains relationships.
funny thing is its usually the pretty people(like 10/10 beauties) with the nicest characters and ugly people with shitty attitudes that don't do them any favors :ivers: but maybe they have those attitudes because of the hand they've been dealt:lolbron:

funny thing is its usually the pretty people(like 10/10 beauties) with the nicest characters and ugly people with shitty attitudes that don't do them any favors :ivers: but maybe they have those attitudes because of the hand they've been dealt:lolbron:

Smh wanted to say something but nvm just remembered it's Ramadan

Honestly people are like a mixed bag. The more people you meet in life the more you realise that appearance isn't a reflection of one's personality.

I've met conventionally beautiful people with even better personalities, but i've also met the opposite. Furthermore, i've also met those that society would consider unattractive with charming and kind hearted personalities. Looks are just the exterior and doesn't show us how someone truly is.

Tukraq

VIP
Honestly people are like a mixed bag. The more people you meet in life the more you realise that appearance isn't a reflection of one's personality.

I've met conventionally beautiful people with even better personalities, but i've also met the opposite. Furthermore, i've also met those that society would consider unattractive with charming and kind hearted personalities. Looks are just the exterior and doesn't show us how someone truly is.
the thing is they usually get big headed if you give them any attention:bell:
even though your probably the only one to give them attention in ages:gucciwhat:
like they need to humble themselves a bit if there less fortunate in the looks department

have you guys realize that most developed countries have nice looking lighter skin inhabitants like europe and north east asia while the ugly or dark inhabiting countries are improverished....the curse of ham is real.

Looks matter alot

Tukraq

VIP
have you guys realize that most developed countries have nice looking lighter skin inhabitants like europe and north east asia while the ugly or dark inhabiting countries are improverished....the curse of ham is real.

Looks matter alot
lighter skin isn't better looking, and East Asians are as ugly as you can possibly get:bell:
only Indians and aboriginals are worse:susp:

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers

Looks matter alot

Skin color really doesn't matter but I do believe years of malnutrition leads to a not so good looking population imo. I don't know if the science is there to support that though :p

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I doesn't matter when you have it. Also you can make up for it. Girls can work their body and master makeup or go straight plastic surgery. Guys can learn to be charming and get a well paying job or become extremely successful. You are trying to sell yourself in the end. Not I'm that way. Plus, most people look like shit and it doesn't think much to reach the top.

Last edited:
I don't care too much about beauty but what attracts me to a female is if she is bipolar/depressed kinda chick with unpredictable mood swings. It's never dull or boring relationship.

Actually, my Ex was very depressed and suicidal and when we were together for 3 nights of the week, she would act up all crazy riot and hell and in the remaining nights she would transform into the most sweet and loving human being ever. The emotional fulfillment her depression gave me was beyond imagination.

I was in all honesty, looking forward and yearn for all her psychotic craziness coz after the storm she would always reward me with the most intense love and care.

People will say it's the heart that matters yet they'll flock to beautiful people like flies worshiping them.

@Halimo-2018

Good looks help in the preparatory stages of any relationship. A person values them initially. But the fascination with good looks often ends and doesn't last for a long time, especially when the ingredients of any good relationship needs much much more.
You can be in a relationship with a good looking person and completely end up disliking the said individual and the opposite is true, you may be in a relationship with someone who may not conform to the standards of attractiveness and love this person wholeheartedly, they may be the most beautiful person to you.

So does good looks matter? Yes and No. Yes in the beginning, no later on. The latter being much more important, obviously.

Last edited:

Yes but looks matter even for a short period of time

People talk as if the two are mutually exclusive.

If you get married at 30, looks matter for at least 20 years. We all know damn well you wouldn't want a guy you saw as unattractive but he was a cool guy.

Women can change on whether or not they find a guy attractive if they love his personality.
For most men it's mechanics.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
I simply look for a good looking chick. Who can sit beside some ugly chick just cuz she has good character? Miss me with that shit dont want an ugly offspring either.
I don’t think any girl would want to be with you as you have a kink for forced sex (rape) :susp:

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
No it’s about the deen fam
upload_2019-5-6_8-55-20.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts