Are some surahs more special than others?

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Obviously, reciting some verses or Surahs has special rewards. Reciting Surah Al Ikhlas is equal to 1/3 of the Quran for example.
What does this mean?

The soorahs are given names, because each one discusses a particular topic which makes it stand out from other soorahs, and contains rulings, exhortation and etiquette, and it has a particular significance in that the one who recites it will have a reward according to what the soorah contains of exhortation and rulings that are unique to it.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
From my understanding, each Surah is different and there are one's more significant then others and depending on the Surah's topic, it can stand out
So if I recite some specific surahs, I will get more rewards?

So if I recite some specific surahs, I will get more rewards?
Yes, here's an example
Imaam Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his Tafsir of Aayat al-Kursi from Surah al-Baqarah:

This is Ayah al-Kursi, which has a high status. It was reported in a sahih hadith from the Messenger (ﷺ) that it is the greatest Ayah in the Book of Allah… It was narrated from Ubayy ibn Ka’b that the Prophet (ﷺ) asked him which ayah in the Book of Allah was the greatest. He said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He repeated it several times, then he said, “Ayah al-Kursi.” The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Congratulations upon your knowledge O Abu’l-Mundhir. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it has a tongue and two lips, and it glorifies the Sovereign (i.e., Allah) at the foot of the Throne.” This was also narrated by Muslim, without the phrase “By the One in Whose hand is my soul…”.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Different Surahs have different benefits;
•Recitation of Surah Mulk an angel will guard you when you sleep.
•Recitation of Surah Kahf will be protected from the fitna of Dajjal.

I can go on and on but you get my point

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Different Surahs have different benefits;
•Recitation of Surah Mulk an angel will guard you when you sleep.
•Recitation of Surah Kahf will be protected from the fitna of Dajjal.

I can go on and on but you get my point
Surah Al Mulk actually protects you from the punishment of the grave and intercede for you

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Surah Al Mulk actually protects you from the punishment of the grave and intercede for you
Actually there isn’t just one benefit from Surah Al Mulk. There’s many actually but reading it before bed will give you a guardian angel as you sleep.

If you read Surah Mulk every night as you already stated it’ll intercede for and protect you from the punishment of the grave

Trending

Latest posts