Are some sheikhs scammers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
If you can't afford to run a mosque then don't run it. Stop calling people to give you money to fix the toilet, to get carpets, to buy light bulbs while you drive a brand new BMW.

Should these so called sheikhs be exposed? Folks can't even go to pray at the mosque without brainwashed women running to you at the door and asking for money, I don't carry cash, I came to pray to Allah swt in peace.

:farmajoyaab:

What's wrong donating money to maintain the house of worship? I wouldn't think twice giving my money to earn a good deed

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
What's wrong donating money to maintain the house of worship? I wouldn't think twice giving my money to earn a good deed
It's not that, I pay donations, but calling people to buy light bulbs while the sheikh himself drives brand new car is outrageous. Plus I pray duhur at this masjid near my work, I don't carry cash all the time.

My local masjid has been hitting people up for donations for years to fix the roof and nothing's ever done. They have enough money to fly in extreme wadaads from the middle east to preach that men will go to hell if they don't keep their trousers above their ankles and women are s if they wear perfume outside the house, but not enough to fix the roof.

I stopped giving to these morons a long time ago. I give only to charities that alleviate hunger in the third world. If your name is not Oxfam or Unicef, get the hell out of here.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Everyone Sins from time to time But if youre a sheekh thats just a bad image since youre the person leading prayer you should be a role model to everyone maybe than people Will happily pay maintenance of the mosque

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
If you can't afford to run a mosque then don't run it. Stop calling people to give you money to fix the toilet, to get carpets, to buy light bulbs while you drive a brand new BMW.

Should these so called sheikhs be exposed? Folks can't even go to pray at the mosque without brainwashed women running to you at the door and asking for money, I don't carry cash, I came to pray to Allah swt in peace.

:farmajoyaab:

Somali men just have bad leadership skills. It's proven time and time again.

I wish they were scammers. That would be less embarrassing :susp:

Reborn
A mosque is basically a community centre and so everyone needs to chip in.But it is a problem if Sheikhs are spending the communities donations on a luxury lifestyle then this is a big problem :yacadiim:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
IMO half the imams and sheikh's just see it as a way to make a living.

Don't really mind them but those that do it for social status are worse.

I'd rather have someone scam me for a leaky charity than a vapor sheikh involving themselves in other people's business and parade themselves as social police for social browny points.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
I give to the mosque handsomely. I truly don't mind doing it. But an Imaam driving a spanky new BMW while people are starving --literally -- to death back in the Horn? That chaps my hide. Nxt time take a pic of him coming out of the car and post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending