Are some parts of Somalia/Somaliland safer than the west when it comes to crime?

Som

VIP
Let's take somaliland and Puntland for example. Would you say cities like Hargeysa,Burco,Berbera Laascaanood,Boosaso,Garowe, Gaalkacyo etc are safer than some areas of London, Chicago,Detroit,LA, NYC or even Malmo?
It seems peaceful areas of somalia have relatively low crime when it comes to robberies, drug dealing etc. Murder may happen but it's always clan issues, if you aren't involved with that you'll be fine.
Even the south seems to have relatively low crime except for AS attacks.
Would agree with this? I'm asking specifically to people who live back home or stayed there for some time

EYL Is Paradise Compare To Sweden With Lebanese Balkan And Gypsie Niger-Congo Roaming About

#EYLO
Screenshot_20210913-193354_Twitter.jpg

:banderas::banderas:
Screenshot_20210913-193318_Twitter.jpg

Apollo

VIP
Crime in Puntland is mostly correlated to how many IDPs from South Somalia are around (Bosaso most, Garowe least, Gaalkacyo in the middle). The locals don't commit petty crime.

World

VIP
How? Is Hargeysa more dangerous than let's say the Bronx in NYC or Hackney in London?
Hackney has been gentrified, it’s no longer a shithole. Anywhere in London is better in terms of security and safety than the safe parts of Somalia, but the dangerous parts of America could be worse.

Som

VIP
EYL Is Paradise Compare To Sweden With Lebanese Balkan And Gypsie Niger-Congo Roaming About

#EYLO
View attachment 202150
:banderas::banderas:
View attachment 202151
I'm not familiar with eyl but I'm pretty sure it's safe. Not much happens in small towns
Hackney has been gentrified, it’s no longer a shithole. Anywhere in London is better in terms of security and safety than the safe parts of Somalia, but the dangerous parts of America could be worse.
Interesting. So would you say even the bad London neighborhoods are better than safe somali areas? There's no kinfe crime in Hargeysa or Garowe tbh

World

VIP
I'm not familiar with eyl but I'm pretty sure it's safe. Not much happens in small towns

Interesting. So would you say even the bad London neighborhoods are better than safe somali areas? There's no kinfe crime in Hargeysa or Garowe tbh
Yes that’s what I just said, even the worst parts of London is better because it isn’t that bad. Why would they use knives when they have guns?

Som

VIP
Yes that’s what I just said, even the worst parts of London is better because it isn’t that bad. Why would they use knives when they have guns?
Even with guns i think you are more likely to be robbed at gun/knife point in some bad london neighborhood than in Hargeysa

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Crime in Puntland is mostly correlated to how many IDPs from South Somalia are around (Bosaso most, Garowe least, Gaalkacyo in the middle). The locals don't commit petty crime.
Garowe has so much petty crime lmao.

People over there carry two cell phones. A smart phone for when they’re home and those burner phones for outside because if anyone sees you with a smartphone alone that phone is getting plucked guaranteed.

Especially at nights they’ll hold you up with knives and machetes and it’s just straight up robbery.

Borame, Garowe and Hargeisa are probably the worst places for petty crime in north somalia. Borame probably having it the worst.

They can’t even be called thieves anymore. They’ll literally remove the bars from your window and break into your house with knives and clean out all your electronics.

I have family in Garowe and my aunt used to also live in Borame for a year or two. Both places are hectic.

It’s only better than South Somalia because at least in the north you only have to worry about knives. In the south you’re getting stuck up with pistols.

Apollo

VIP
Garowe has so much petty crime lmao.

People over there carry two cell phones. A smart phone for when they’re home and those burner phones for outside because if anyone sees you with a smartphone alone that phone is getting plucked guaranteed.

Especially at nights they’ll hold you up with knives and machetes and it’s just straight up robbery.

Borame, Garowe and Hargeisa are probably the worst places for petty crime in north somalia. Borame probably having it the worst.

They can’t even be called thieves anymore. They’ll literally remove the bars from your window and break into your house with knives and clean out all your electronics.

I have family in Garowe and my aunt used to also live in Borame for a year or two. Both places are hectic.

It’s only better than South Somalia because at least in the north you only have to worry about knives. In the south you’re getting stuck up with pistols.

I wholeheartedly disagree with what you have said above, especially comparing Hargeisa to Garowe (I have been to both). Hargeisa has way more sketchy Ethiopian migrants around who do petty crime and not as many police per capita (way more people, way less police). Also, way more street beggars in Hargeisa than in Garowe.

I felt very safe in Garowe, least safe in Bosaso (mainly after sunset), and parts of Gaalkacyo are semi-sketchy.

Garowe is extremely safe.

Trending