Are Somalis obsessed with marriage?

Are Somalis obsessed with marriage?

• Yes, especially the halimos

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why? Especially the halimos with their demands.
:ayaanswag:Why?

Well, it's half of your deen and it's sunnah.

“When a person gets married he has completed half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half.”

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) urged young people to get married when he said: “O young men, whoever among you can afford it, let him get married, because that is more effective in guarding one’s chastity and lowering one’s gaze. Whoever cannot afford it, let him fast, for that will be a shield for him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5066) and Muslim (1400).

:samwelcome:Hope that helps

Lum

رَّبِّ زِدْنِي عِلْمًا

“When a person gets married he has completed half of his religion, so let him fear Allaah with regard to the other half.”

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) urged young people to get married when he said: “O young men, whoever among you can afford it, let him get married, because that is more effective in guarding one’s chastity and lowering one’s gaze. Whoever cannot afford it, let him fast, for that will be a shield for him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5066) and Muslim (1400).

Indeed.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I never understood this deep obsession with marriage in our culture, harassing someone with unwanted marriage questions is annoying and wrong. We need to learn to respect people privacy and decisions. It is of no one concern when and where an individual decides to tie the knot, or not :)

Yes they are. Look at every somali gathering someone will definitely bring it up. It's so annoying. There is life outside of marrige. Even the youngers do it. Marriage is a status symbol for them. If you're not married you're worthless to them. It is Ridiculous competition.you can easily get caught up by not realizing it.

Trust me, they don't do it for deen.

Most Somali people are not interested in what marriage truly means—decades of patience, sacrifice, child-rearing. They're focused on the immediate rewards: "halal" sex, fancy wedding, money exchange and gold, attractiveness of their youthful partner. Focusing on the immediate rewards will ignoring the reality of marriage is why so many Somali marriages end in divorce and unhappiness.

Prophet didnt harass people into it and looked down on them just because they're not married. People are pressured into it only because their family members dont trust them. They think they will go wild or something. Sex is not food we can live without it or control ourselves.

Last edited:
Prophet didnt harass people into it and looked down on them just because they're not married. People are pressured into it only because their family members dont trust them. They think they will go wild or something. Sex is not food we can live without it or control ourselves.
For guys sex is def a strong force. Celibacy is not possible for most

Why? Especially the halimos with their demands.
I think you should rephrase.
" are Somalis obsessed with extravagant weddings?" Marriage prevents stds, fornication, debauchery,etc.
Nothing wrong with wanting a cheap apple meher nikah, its recommended. and if one doesnt want children, than just have strong siibasho.

For guys sex is def a strong force. Celibacy is not possible for most
Whenever I am talking to a new girl my sex drive always goes out the window. Even if I am really attracted to her. Even . I only really watch it/obsess over sex when I don't have any girls I am talking to.

Controlling your urges are easier than people would like to admit. It's just easier to not do so and blame biology.

:gucciwhat:Maxa kugu dhacey adi?

"Prophet didnt harass people into it and looked down on them just because they're not married."

I never said the prophet (PBUH) did any of those things.

"People are pressured into it only because their family members dont trust them."

I've never denied that some are pressured into marriage laakiin you're making it seem as though every xaliimo that wants to get married is somehow doing it cuz her family are pressuring her.

"Sex is not food we can live without it or control ourselves."

:noneck:
I've never said you can't live without sex. Sister you're in charge of your own life marka get married mise don't get married, have sex mise don't have sex, control yourself mise don't control yourself it's up to you

Maybe because it brings joy brings people together. Create bonds. After all the family is usually the fabric of a society. Some communities have torn up familial bonds and there’s chaos. So I’m pro marriage.

Most Somali people are not interested in what marriage truly means—decades of patience, sacrifice, child-rearing. They're focused on the immediate rewards: "halal" sex, fancy wedding, money exchange and gold, attractiveness of their youthful partner. Focusing on the immediate rewards will ignoring the reality of marriage is why so many Somali marriages end in divorce and unhappiness.
Too wise mansha Allah :salute:

I never understood this deep obsession with marriage in our culture, harassing someone with unwanted marriage questions is annoying and wrong. We need to learn to respect people privacy and decisions. It is of no one concern when and where an individual decides to tie the knot, or not :)
I'm going through this rn, so annoying. People need to mind their business. So I got a call late at night from my estranged uncle with 10 kids, talking about the fact that I need to think about prospective marriage soon. Foolishness can't be cured.

KinsiHilaac

Pretend there is a title here
Somalis are obsessed with marriage, and i dont know if it is for the sake of trying to find love or the religious expectation of marrying

Trending

Latest posts