Are Somalis naturally Arrogant & prideful???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Most Northerns and reer bari due to proximity of location inherited arab culture. Even their somali has a lot more arabic than southerns. Even their culture and education.

But which Arabs to be exact?

Its confusing . We r either Saudi Khaleeji or Yemen. which is which
Think of it this way. The original ancestor was from Saudi but tribes and people moved around. The last 500 yrs north coast sonalis have been doing business. With yemen and oman. People used to walk across the red sea about 50 yrs ago to Adan.

Yemen and north somalis share a couple of things.
Camel herders or nomads. Khat, macawis, women dress the same and act the same. Torey(hand made knife around the waist). To name a few.

Our prophet pbuh said about the Yemens. That they have soft heart and they are gentle, while the people of camels, are with pride and arrogance. As far as i know, Somalis are people of Camels. Isaaq & Dhulbahante people mostly are into Camels. Which is absolutely correct because of ALL the qabils in Somalia--these two are the most Qabilists. LOL

Question!

Which Qabils in Somalia rear Camels?

And Which one rear Sheeps???

A Soft Hearted People

Narrated Abu Huraira RA:

The Prophet SAW said, “The people of Yemen have come to you and they are more gentle and soft-hearted. Belief is Yemenite and Wisdom is Yemenite, while pride and haughtiness are the qualities of the owners of camels (i.e. bedouins). Calmness and solemnity are the characters of the owners of sheep.”

~Saheeh Al-Bukhaari, Book of Military Expeditions, Hadeeth No. 4070
I'm dhulbahante (father side), and i don't give a single shit about qabils, rather i wish it was gone completely. It will help our somali people greatly, if it was simply gone.

So you're wrong. :lolbron:

I'm dhulbahante (father side), and i don't give a single shit about qabils, rather i wish it was gone completely. It will help our somali people greatly, if it was simply gone.

So you're wrong. :lolbron:
You dont represent the qabil. All somali tribes are 99% qabilist

Camel herders or nomads. Khat, macawis, women dress the same and act the same. Torey(hand made knife around the waist). To name a few.

Southern Somalis are camel herders and nomads and a lot of men chew khat. What you have mentioned are not unique to the North.

Somalis from the major tribes, except for the Rahanweyne, love camels.

Northerners are not any more nomadic than a Hawiye in the south.

Its just that the south have groups of peope like the Rahanwayne who are agricultural.

Muji

VIP
Naya @Basra you clearly didn’t read the Cambridge study you were a lab rat in.

In their study they were comparing you (Somali diaspora) to another forum which inhibits the Afghani diaspora.

They found that whilst the afghans remained prideful of their country and would never insult it and that they had hope of returning one day, Somalis would insult eachother based on regions, political influences and clans. The Somalis were found to be very self-deprecating of their country and culture. I suggest you read the study.

Southern Somalis are camel herders and nomads and a lot of men chew khat. What you have mentioned are not unique to the North.
More people chew in the north than south no doubt. Second northerners and galbeed have way more camels than the south. Ask anyone. All the songs for geels or poetry are from the people i have stated. When talking about nomads they out nunber. I didnt say hawiye. But by north i mean from mudug to bari to zeylac and galbeed

You dont represent the qabil. All somali tribes are 99% qabilist
The somali back home rely on qabil for their everyday use, but here in the west, that's sadly not the case. Most of the dhulbahante that i have meet (if not all of them), where not qabilist.

You're right, and i don't represent the qabil (and i clearly don't want to), i'm just trying to say that not every dhulbahante is a qabilist.

More people chew in the north than south no doubt. Second northerners and galbeed have way more camels than the south. Ask anyone. All the songs for geels or poetry are from the people i have stated. When talking about nomads they out nunber. I didnt say hawiye. But by north i mean from mudug to bari to zeylac and galbeed

The south has more diversity in terms of the type of Somalis that inhabit the areas.

Example: the Dir, Darood and Hawiyee in the South mirror the same cultural norms of Northern tribes. The camel is an essential part of their lifestyle. They too have songs about geel. What do you think an Abgal or Mareexan is more likely to sing about trade or camel?? They like Northerners are simply nomads.

The Rahenweyne, Bantu, Bajuuni and Reer Barawani and Cadcad do not have the same cultural norms as the people I have mentioned above.

Kratos

Sonder
They also have maraq/marakh, qaxwo, canjeero/laxoox, malawax, shakshouka, fuul and that fried fish dish idk what it's called. When I was in Bosaso though alot of street vendors sold it. Also the turbans that Northern Somali sultans used to wear like the MJ Sultanates

They also have maraq/marakh, qaxwo, canjeero/laxoox, malawax, shakshouka, fuul and that fried fish dish idk what it's called. When I was in Bosaso though alot of street vendors sold it. Also the turbans that Northern Somali sultans used to wear like the MJ Sultanates
Yh everyone in the nortj wears a turban and carries a shawl on the shoulder.

The somali back home rely on qabil for their everyday use, but here in the west, that's sadly not the case. Most of the dhulbahante that i have meet (if not all of them), where not qabilist.

You're right, and i don't represent the qabil (and i clearly don't want to), i'm just trying to say that not every dhulbahante is a qabilist.
God forbid, but if you kill someone. Only dhulbahnte will support you. If you need qaaran only Dhulbahante will support you. Qabil and qabyalada are 2 things.

The south has more diversity in terms of the type of Somalis that inhabit the areas.

Example: the Dir, Darood and Hawiyee in the South mirror the same cultural norms of Northern tribes. The camel is an essential part of their lifestyle. They too have songs about geel. What do you think an Abgal or Mareexan is more likely to sing about trade or camel?? They like Northerners are simply nomads.

The Rahenweyne, Bantu, Bajuuni and Reer Barawani and Cadcad do not have the same cultural norms as the people I have mentioned above.
No need to argue. From galbeed to the hawd to the calmadow mtns to nugaal valley. That is geel country

Status
Not open for further replies.