Are Somalis between the ages 15-40 in Somalia very religious?

1633365124480.png
It's very interesting to me how humans/societies can change so fast. These people now raising their children with jilbabs/niqabs, wore clothes like this not long ago, maybe some with a turban or a gabasar. I wonder if the grandparents/parents are as pious as their children deep down. Lets see what happens in the next couple decade. Very interesting

Afghanistan, Niger, Somalia, and Yemen are probably the most religious countries.

When people focus too much on religion, you get poverty. A healthy balance is needed.

Or when people misunderstand religion they use it as as crutch to hide from reality. If Somalia was 'so religious', they wouldn't tolerate widespread drug addiction (Khat epidemic).

To be honest, even when I watch their music videos, its not like the music videos you see in yemen/afghanistan. All about romance, some random Somali love interest not wearing hijab etc, lots of very cringe dance moves. Where as you don't see this in Afghanistan and Yemen.
yemen and afghanistan are way worse than Somalia. Did you forgot the sodomy problem in those countries ?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Afghanistan, Niger, Somalia, and Yemen are probably the most religious countries.

When people focus too much on religion, you get poverty. A healthy balance is needed.

I think its the other way around, the poorer a people are the more religious they tend to be.

in somalia their exists the classical cultural religion bereft of intellectual vigour and spiritual benevolence. their is much practice but little essence. but with the wildness of somalis the emphasis on the practical and moralism of the deen goes a long way to taming them,. alhamdulillah otherwiswe they would have all turned into devils as they are a people of extremes.

Afghanistan religious my ass, diddling little boys is considered normal there

Karaboga

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep
Correlation is not always causation. Plus, you can't ignore the socio-economic history of those wealthier nations and you can't group all religions in the same category. I bet if you only included Muslim nations there wouldn't be much of a correlation and historically Islam has promoted science and innovation and so we never had an "enlightenment" period that gave rise to liberalism.

Bruh Burco and Hargeisa are notorious for insulting the prophet SAW
Let me say this no other Somalis are more religious in Islam than reer Somaliland and in Burco music is banned we have Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (Ω‡ΩŠΨ¦Ψ© Ψ§Ω„Ψ£Ω…Ψ± Ψ¨Ψ§Ω„Ω…ΨΉΨ±ΩˆΩ ΩˆΨ§Ω„Ω†Ω‡ΩŠ ΨΉΩ† Ψ§Ω„Ω…Ω†ΩƒΨ±β€Ž ) inshallah Hargeisa and all Somaliland would have that committee in every city

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Somalis in Somalia are pseudo religious folk. You don't need to pray there. No one says anything. It's actually more liberal than the Somali diaspora in the west. The situation is like a municipal health inspection in your city. Yes, you can get away with hundreds of health violations (not praying) but only until you see the municipal health inspector coming through your business' door (the local fake religious guy) that you are forced to comply (pray isha) when he brings it up.

The nomads are even less religious than the city folk.

Most people on this site have never been to Somalia. It'll be a culture shock when you go there.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
They are fake religious majority.
A lot of mixing between men and women.
Eloping is common, dancing infront of men is normal, cursing and cussing is part of the culture etc and zina does happen behind closed doors.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I still remember walking into a dukan after salah back home and seeing 10 guys huddled over watching p*rn on a laptop. Kulahaa "this is called sexcee"

:farmajoyaab:

I think he meant to say sex scene but still....

Trending

Latest posts