Are Somalis between the ages 15-40 in Somalia very religious?

To all those who have spent a few years in somalia!

I've never been back home.

Are they very religious? I've seen some of them on somali tiktok: dancing, singing, wearing fitted clothes (with hijab) and I question if this is a religious society.

Not actually judging but I'm actually curious to know what they are like. The news on extremism etc and of course women wearing long jilbabs/niqab would make you wonder what exactly is the truth.

Are some more secular than others?

And how different are they to Somalis in Ogaden/Djibouti/NFD?

Be honest!

Apollo

VIP
0316-pew-religion_1.jpg

chartoftheday_4189_which_nationalities_consider_religion_most_important_n-1.jpg

20150509_woc154_2.png

Ahmed Ato

Self-interest
Somalis back home are very religious. Even though they may do some of these things but they are definitely not secular.

Based

VIP
Yeah there are the occasional videos of fobs wilding but this is behind closed doors. Literally every little thing in Somalia is "ceeb" and "xaaran". Very religious conservative people

Apollo

VIP
Afghanistan, Niger, Somalia, and Yemen are probably the most religious countries.

When people focus too much on religion, you get poverty. A healthy balance is needed.

Based

VIP
Afghanistan, Niger, Somalia, and Yemen are probably the most religious countries.

When people focus too much on religion, you get poverty. A healthy balance is needed.
This horrific lineup... never seen so many bottom of the barrel countries in a single sentence in my life

Apollo

VIP
Do you believe this explains why Western Europe is more wealthier and developed than Eastern Europe?

Communism reduced religiosity in Eastern Europe.

It had a similar effect on the -stan Central Asian Muslim countries. Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc are one of the least religious Muslim countries.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
Communism reduced religiosity in Eastern Europe.

It had a similar effect on the -stan Central Asian Muslim countries. Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc are one of the least religious Muslim countries.
Interesting I always assumed Eastern Europe was very religious and conservative

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Somalia isn't as religious as people think bro, i stayed for 2 years when i was in my early teens and niggas were wilding the same way in the west if not worse. Zina, drugs, alcohol is all easily accessible when you get to know people.

Theres no law to get you in trouble for doing drugs or fucking around the worst you'll get punished is if your family catches you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The ones i met that were religious were the tuulo niggas or the rahanweyne community, they were very serious when it comes to dugsi.

Theres too much qaashin diaspro there, liido beach at night is like a nightclub wllhi .

Don't be fooled by these posts above

Apollo

VIP
Somalia isn't as religious as people think bro, i stayed for 2 years when i was in my early teens and niggas were wilding the same way in the west if not worse. Zina, drugs, alcohol is all easily accessible when you get to know people.

Theres no law to get you in trouble for doing drugs or fucking around the worst you'll get punished is if your family catches you.

The ones i met that were religious were the tuulo niggas or the rahanweyne community, they were very serious when it comes to dugsi.

Theres too much qaashin diaspro there, liido beach at night is like a nightclub wllhi .

Somalia is 10,000 times more religious than Ethiopia & Kenya and Ethiopia & Kenya in turn are over 1,000 times more religious than the West.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Somalia is 10,000 times more religious than Ethiopia & Kenya and Ethiopia & Kenya in turn are over 1,000 times more religious than the West.

Of course they are tho bro, we are mass majority muslim while they are both mixed with different religions.

Islam is way more stricter and followed when enforced in a region than Christianity or any other.

Wouldn't be a fair argument

Go to a muslim country and drink publicly you will face serious issues, do the same in a christian country you'll get warned and probably left alone after the 2nd

Do you think Somalia is more religious now because of the civil war? Could it be a way to deal with trauma? Same thing with Afghanistan. Yemen I'm sure is a different story.

To be honest, even when I watch their music videos, its not like the music videos you see in yemen/afghanistan. All about romance, some random Somali love interest not wearing hijab etc, lots of very cringe dance moves. Where as you don't see this in Afghanistan and Yemen.

Was it the teens who weren't religious or adults as well?

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
Was it the teens who weren't religious or adults as well?
Both but teens are clumsy, the adults weren't order than 25 tbh. Most 25+ ones ive come across there weren't messing around like the 15-25. Its the same everywhere bro don't matter the country shaytan works his tricks no matter what. You can be the most religious country in the world and there will me fu** ups. Just how life is

Both but teens are clumsy, the adults weren't order than 25 tbh. Most 25+ ones ive come across there weren't messing around like the 15-25. Its the same everywhere bro don't matter the country shaytan works his tricks no matter what. You can be the most religious country in the world and there will me fu** ups. Just how life is
I'm asking if they were as religious, i.e were they wearing jilbab, talking to women/men? I think that gives you a good idea... then again I'm sure jillbab there is more of social pressure. I don't see them wearing it in the west when they are young adults

Trending