Are Somalis actually smart?

Every couple of years, there is a drought that occurs in Somalia, killing hundreds of thousands of people. Why don’t the Somali people build or create a way to collect water from the two rivers we have? The government is basically non-existent and the most corrupt in the world, so why don’t the people build it themselves instead of waiting for another drought like idiots? Work for free so your people, kids, and even your grandkids could enjoy it. That’s why I really don’t believe Somalis are actually smart. Every couple of years, this drought comes and kills people, and our people start begging and becoming refugees by the millions. Somalia is not a third-world country but a fourth-world country, just playing dumb and expecting someone to help them like the USA or Europe.
I don't trust ethnic Somali doctors in Somalia they often misdiagnose you.

You realise we had aqueducts since at least the Ajuraan Empire in the 1200s?

Not only that but Kingdoms as far as 900sAD and before have built wells all over to accommodate the Geelgires especially and are still around in use today.

The reason we don't have this anymore is due to lack of government
Which built wells from old Somali sultanates are still in use today?

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Climate change is the main reason for these huge death tolls. Before, there weren't many famines let alone ones that killed so many people. As for why they can't deal with them, well how are you supposed to build anything without funding from the government? Public projects are supposed to be handled by state or federal governments. The north is somewhat capable of doing this but the south is way poorer and weaker.
Mr excuses always with excuses never ending excuses.
IMG_1215.png

Yes they can

never ending excuses for being poor for eternity. Mr excuses

Many of the most pressing issues require large solutions that need mass mobilisation, resources and organisation. It isn't true that all issues can be done with self help schemes- which is what you are referring to.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Many of the most pressing issues require large solutions that need mass mobilisation, resources and organisation. It isn't true that all issues can be done with self help schemes- which is what you are referring to.
Another mr excuses
IMG_1261.png

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
They’re the homogenous society that became famous for burning down their country and being synonymous with failed states. You tell me if they’re actually smart

How about you suggest something big that can be done right now- don't know why you are pretending like I'm giving excuses.

I actually think a lot can be done I'm just not deluded that some things don't require national co-ordination. For example, Siad Barre moved 10,000s of nomads afflicted by drought or got a national volunteer army to plant trees to beat desertification and start the literacy campaign.

Are villagers going to build nuclear plants, revamp the entire sewage system or build a modern navy tomorrow morning? The answer is no

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Give me one single example of people building big projects in poor countries without help from the government.
Walhy forced free labour like China did to their people in order to build the country.

Bass

😼
When your country is being exploited and electricity costs are one of the highest in the world, while corruption runs rampant.

It’s pretty difficult to do anything, even small infrastructure projects.

Trending

Latest posts