Are somali people depressed people

Why are most so tattered and unkempt looking? One of the signs of depression is losing interest in your appearance and most somalis just don't seem to have an interest in their clothes or bodies. They dress no differently than the people back home we send our clothes to that just throw on anything :confused:

Not that you need to be obsessed with your appearance but looking neat and put together :ehh:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I think they just put less stock into their physical appearance than most.
I get why you'd attribute that to depression, but I don't think it's that deep.

I think mental issues is present in every demographic. However, due to the hypermasculinity and other contributing factors in our society and culture, many somali men seem to disregard their mental health. They choose not to seek help, because of fatigue reasoning such as: "weakness".

I think they just put less stock into their physical appearance than most.
I get why you'd attribute that to depression, but I don't think it's that deep.
Wartime ptsd depression.

When I was depressed, I felt unkempt every single day. Its very difficult to ever feel pulled together. That's why I don't really blame people. I think we as people tend to have high rates of depression and it manifests itself in self neglect. Btw I don't mean necessarily just clinical depression but more like dealing with a loss of interest in things in general

I think mental issues is present in every demographic. However, due to the hypermasculinity and other contributing factors in our society and culture, many somali men seem to disregard their mental health. They choose not to seek help, because of fatigue reasoning such as: "weakness".
Mental health is bs go to sheikh he will sort it

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Wartime ptsd depression.

When I was depressed, I felt unkempt every single day. Its very difficult to ever feel pulled together. That's why I don't really blame people. I think we as people tend to have high rates of depression and it manifests itself in self neglect. Btw I don't mean necessarily just clinical depression but more like dealing with a loss of interest in things in general
Hmm.
That might be it. Funnily enough, we barely hear about this topic mentioned, not nearly as much as it should be.
There is a stunning lack of mental health awareness amongst Somalis. It's pretty bad in most muslim communities, but Somalis are even worse than most.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Was in line at the bank with four Somali women in tents literally smelling like suugo. It's not a meme.

Why are most so tattered and unkempt looking? One of the signs of depression is losing interest in your appearance and most somalis just don't seem to have an interest in their clothes or bodies. They dress no differently than the people back home we send our clothes to that just throw on anything :confused:

Not that you need to be obsessed with your appearance but looking neat and put together :ehh:

Are you referring to my tinder pic?

Rate this

Somalis have the worst fashion sense i’ve seen. Literally no swag whatsoever.
now that you mention it even in traditional attire its so bland. I mean compare traditional bridal outfit to other cultures. Its a bit more shiny now due to indian influence but the tradional hida and dhaqan guntino is so bleh as a bridal outfit :gnzbryw:

Last edited:

Post an example to illustrate this, I agree with you if you are referring to the extreme forms of this like some of the Fobs that come here, but anything close to flashy, bling or metrosexual look is far worse in my opinion as that is a sign of low self esteem combined with narcissism.

You see this perfect illustration with the rich white male who is dressed like an ordinary person and you would never know he is rich compared to the typical equivalent black who goes completely over the top to showcase this.

It's the same thing with women that wear layers and layers of make-up excessive in everything coming out looking like pathetic manikin barbies, it's all a sign of low self esteem which manifests in conforming to societal trends.

DeadStar

I dare u to show yourself.
Wartime ptsd depression.

Look i know its non of my business but...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I just wanna know?
:cosbyhmm:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Was in line at the bank with four Somali women in tents literally smelling like suugo. It's not a meme.
It’s worship it’s a woman’s choice you being a gaal I understand why you would prefer to see more sisters dressed scantily clad cause that’s what you’re use to as a gaal pervert.

Post an example to illustrate this, I agree with you if you are referring to the extreme forms of this like some of the Fobs that come here, but anything close to flashy, bling or metrosexual look is far worse in my opinion as that is a sign of low self esteem combined with narcissism.

You see this perfect illustration with the rich white male who is dressed like an ordinary person and you would never know he is rich compared to the typical equivalent black who goes completely over the top to showcase this.

It's the same thing with women that wear layers and layers of make-up excessive in everything coming out looking like pathetic manikin barbies, it's all a sign of low self esteem which manifests in conforming to societal trends.

I would post a pic but it would be a bit rude. Greasy looking hair and skin, out of shape, clothing that don't fit. And it looks like sometimes a lot of somali men neither care about their physical appearance/physique or being book smart which shows a general lack of morale..

and the women some might cake themselves in makeup but they still fall into this category because they use the make up to hide behind instead of enhancing. But they suffer like u said with low self esteem and don't care a lot for what is under the makeup

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
It’s worship it’s a woman’s choice you being a gaal I understand why you would prefer to see more sisters dressed scantily clad cause that’s what you’re use to as a gaal pervert.
What does that have to do with smelling like body odor and suugo?

Our religion promotes cleanliness and Somalis are far from clean!!!

Trending

Latest posts