Are Somali Ethiopians the underachievers of the community?

Before I get attacked by my Somali Ethiopian cousins, lemme explain.

So my Lander friend and Somali Kenyan friend said some pretty offensive things to me. But they didn't realize it. The convo randomly came to how Somali Kenyans are some of the most successful in the community (in general and among a foreign country). Then my Lander friend said look at Somali Ethiopians, they're lagging behind a lot. They're mostly nomads and camel herders. Cue the group all laughing together.

Now my dad is Lander originally so they didn't think I'd get offended, but my mother is Somali Ethiopian and practically raised me alone. So I felt attacked on her behalf in a way.

So my question is: does this have any truth to it? Gimme some fuel to defend em the next time this comes up

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
Before I get attacked by my Somali Ethiopian cousins, lemme explain.

So my Lander friend and Somali Kenyan friend said some pretty offensive things to me. But they didn't realize it. The convo randomly came to how Somali Kenyans are some of the most successful in the community (in general and among a foreign country). Then my Lander friend said look at Somali Ethiopians, they're lagging behind a lot. They're mostly nomads and camel herders. Cue the group all laughing together.

Now my dad is Lander originally so they didn't think I'd get offended, but my mother is Somali Ethiopian and practically raised me alone. So I felt attacked on her behalf in a way.

So my question is: does this have any truth to it? Gimme some fuel to defend em the next time this comes up
Why do people say somali ethiopian it’s so cringe
:nahgirl:
Just say OG

The underachievers of the somali community is the diaspora in the west. Them niggas live on a diet of shanking madows, drinking henny and welfare fraud

World

VIP
Ethiopia is basically a dictatorship, unlike Kenya which is a free and democratic country where you can easily do business in.

The underachievers of the somali community is the diaspora in the west. Them niggas live on a diet of shanking madows, drinking henny and welfare fraud

Don't lie, that's a minority (except the welfare fraud among the older generation lol). There's alot of up and coming Somali politicians in the West, loads that graduate college and have high paying jobs, loads that come back home to help. Haven't heard any notable achievements with Somalis living in Ethiopia tho.

Cap. You sound like one of them yourself though. We're the highest achievers but it's not like there's really any competition.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Somali EthiopIans are at the bottom compared to other Ethiopian ethnic groups, Ethiopia being an oppressive little regime being one of the reasons while Somali Kenyans enjoy many freedoms and are considered top bussiness owners in the country, heck even Somalis in Somalia have more influence and businesses than Ethiopian Somalis, hopefully one day they will raise and be prominent as other other Somali communities around the globe.

Why do people say somali ethiopian it’s so cringe
:nahgirl:
Just say OG
Niggas be so pussy, pillow talking about OG like naago:kodaksmiley:
You cant be braindead enough to not know Ethiopia is a dictatorship that despises and systematically oppresses Somalis.
Say word that’s news to me
:ohreally:
The vast majority is Ogaden, its literally all in the name, other daroods and dir don't have a noticeable population there. Hawiye are pretty much non existent too. Its Ogadenia to set the record straight, before niggas crawl out of the woodwork.

Somali ethiopians are having a late headstart. A lot of things are changing in ethiopia. The country is having many reforms and is not trying to move in the same way it did in the past. Every year there is a 10% growth in gdp in that country. Apparently natural gas in the region has begun or is in the process of being exported with the region getting a big cut in profits (not the 7% that was reported in the past). The grand renaissance dam is being completed in the west of the country too meaning electricity will be taken care of as well. 24/7 with no power cuts, all good for business.

Ideally i want to see the region getting independence and completely breaking free from ethiopia but regardless things are changing. The region will 100% surpass somaliland and all these other regions in no time. The past 10 years alone has seen a lot of change the next 10 will see a lot more too.

Domt take what these people say seriously, majority of somalis are deluded and are out of touch with reality. Kenya is going down a shitty path with china taking over everything and somaliland has shitty governance with no international recognition (30 years + with no sign of anything on the way)

I been to somali galbeed one time. (2009ish) It was horrible at that time. Luckily, I was only there for one day in Wajale and Jigjiga. Ilay used to rule that place with no mercy, even locking up wadaads if they opposed him the slightest. I remember driving by a police station, where you could clearly hear the arrested being brutalised. Wicked place wallahi

Trending