Are orthodoxy and Catholicism similar ?

They are two different sects of Christianity. Eastern Orthodox is more misguided than Catholicism.

what makes you say that? I don't know too much about Eastern Orthodox. I'm sort of sympathetic... somewhat (besides the rampant paganism Catholicism promotes).... to older Catholicism prior to the Vatican II Council in the 1960's.... but the Catholic Church since then I think has been way worse than it was before and especially now with pope Francis... but I don't really know anything about the Eastern Orthodox

Hamzza

VIP
what makes you say that? I don't know too much about Eastern Orthodox. I'm sort of sympathetic... somewhat (besides the rampant paganism Catholicism promotes).... to older Catholicism prior to the Vatican II Council in the 1960's.... but the Catholic Church since then I think has been way worse than it was before and especially now with pope Francis... but I don't really know anything about the Eastern Orthodox
In their doctrine of Trinity, the Orthodox are more polytheistic(Devine Energies and stuff..) than Catholics, surprisingly, the protestants are the least misguided among the Christians, as they don't believe the bread of Eucharist which they eat turns into God like the Catholics & Orthodox do.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Orthodoxy and Catholicism are two sects of Christianity. The difference between them is less than the difference between lets say Protestants and Catholics. They agree on what is considered the major stuff but there are still some pretty significant differences (e.g Papal supremacy)

seldiboy

In their doctrine of Trinity, the Orthodox are more polytheistic(Devine Energies and stuff..) than Catholics, surprisingly, the protestants are the least misguided among the Christians, as they don't believe the bread of Eucharist which they eat turns into God like the Catholics & Orthodox do.
You have it the wrong way round completely

Eastern and Oriental Orthodox > Catholics >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Protestants

Barni

⚠️ EPILEPTIC WARNING ⚠️
It all the same, they all believe jesus is god. I don’t why these niggas argue with themselves.

seldiboy

In actual practice it is one of the more conservative churches with practices more similar to Islam. They definitely are not polytheistic. I think you have misunderstood Christology to come to that conclusion

Hamzza

VIP
In actual practice it is one of the more conservative churches with practices more similar to Islam. They definitely are not polytheistic. I think you have misunderstood Christology to come to that conclusion
Eastern Orthodox is deffo the most polytheistic of the major Christian sects, on the other hand, Protestantism is the closest group of Trinitarian Christians to Islam since they reject the concept of priesthood as an intermediary between God and people, and label any form of saints veneration as idolatry.