Are moores black?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’m not arguing about Othello’s blackness. It’s obvious from reading it that Shakespeare depicted and thought of him as being a black Moor.

Black Moors did exist, I just disagree with the whole narrative of presenting all of them as black when most of them were in fact Arab and Berber. The Elites were also mostly Arabs originating from the Arabian peninsular, The Caliph and his family belonged to the Umayyad dynasty who were in fact Quraishi so arguing that they were all or mostly Sub-Saharan African is a joke.

Do u know who were the Mamaluqs?

Garaad diinle

 
Do you call yourself african? Well africa is the historical name of tunnis in arabic afriqiyah generalized to address the whole continent. Prior to that africa was called libya, the historical name of a territory also in north africa also used to address the continent.

Moor is sort of the same thing. It was a name used in north africa later generalized to mean muslims. I remember reading vasco da gama calling the inhabitants of mogadisho moors. By the way did you know that mauritania is a name of a roman province in north africa and it's derived from maur or moor, meaning the use of the name "moors" predate the arrival of islam in north africa.

Last edited:
Do you call yourself african? Well africa is the historical name of tunnis in arabic afriqiyah generalized to address the whole continent. Prior to that africa was called libya, the historical name of a territory also in north africa also used to address the continent.

Moor is sort of the same thing. It was a name used in north africa later generalized to mean muslims. I remember reading vasco da gama calling the inhabitants of mogadisho moors. By the way did you know that mauritania is a name of a roman province in north africa and it's derived from maur or moor, meaning the use of the name "moors" predate the arrival of islam in north africa.
Likely the Medieval Europeans called the North African Muslims Moors, appropriating the names from older Latin literature.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1675284222684.png

Trending