Are Middle Easterners and North Africans the Same Race?

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
I’m aware they are different but phenotypically they aren’t that far away from each other. Their isn’t a great disparity in looks between a Persian and an Iraqi Arab for example.

Apollo

VIP
Any definition that includes Egypt with the Maghreb should be binned

The main difference between Maghrebis and Egyptians is this:

In SSA:
Egypt is more Nilo-Saharan / East African.
Maghrebis are more Senegambian and West Sahelian.

In Eurasian:
They both share the same main component, but the difference is that the Maghreb has more European Neolithic admixture who entered the Maghreb via Iberia, while Egyptians are more tied to the Levant and Arabia when it comes to their Eurasian.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
I’m aware they are different but phenotypically they aren’t that far away from each other. Their isn’t a great disparity in looks between a Persian and an Iraqi Arab for example.
An Egyptian and a Syrian look very different yet they’re both Middle Eastern Arabs..

Cyrus

An Egyptian and a Syrian look very different yet they’re both Middle Eastern Arabs..
Yeh Levantine Arabs look the same but Egyptians are unique because of their Coptic heritage. Basically it goes

Levant Arabs(Palestine, Syria Jordan etc) all look the same/similar

Gulf Arabs are basically identical no difference

Iraqi Arabs look more like Persians I theorise that Arabs in Iraq were arabised Persians

Maghrebis all look the same

Apollo

VIP

Many Egyptians don't look that different from Levantines (and Levantines aren't that white looking either). I recently went to this Shawarma place and had a convo with the owner, he then asked me where I think he was from. I guessed Iraq first, then Lebanon, then he got offended and said he was Egyptian. :lol:

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
The main difference between Maghrebis and Egyptians is this:

In SSA:
Egypt is more Nilo-Saharan / East African.
Maghrebis are more Senegambian and West Sahelian.

In Eurasian:
They both share the same main component, but the difference is that the Maghreb has more European Neolithic admixture who entered the Maghreb via Iberia, while Egyptians are more tied to the Levant and Arabia when it comes to their Eurasian.

That's exactly my point, Egyptians are historically connected to the Levant rather than the Maghreb so it's annoying seeing "North African"

Apollo

VIP
That's exactly my point, Egyptians are historically connected to the Levant rather than the Maghreb so it's annoying seeing "North African"

Why? It not that bad of a descriptor. Just like Sub-Saharan Africa includes both Gabon and Eritrea, very different places.

It is just a generic descriptor.

Cyrus

Many Egyptians don't look that different from Levantines (and Levantines aren't that white looking either). I recently went to this Shawarma place and had a convo with the owner, he then asked me where I think he was from. I guessed Iraq first, then Lebanon, then he got offended and said he was Egyptian. :lol:
Bro why do Iraqi Arabs look Persian and quite different from other Arabs in the Levant and khaleej? Was that area Persian inhabited before the Arab conquest or were there Arabs there already?

Apollo

VIP
Bro why do Iraqi Arabs look Persian and quite different from other Arabs in the Levant and khaleej? Was that area Persian inhabited before the Arab conquest or were there Arabs there already?

Iraqi Arabs are Semitic.

Iranians/Persians aren't Semitic. They are a mixture between Middle Easterners and a little bit of Ancient Slav/Russians (Indo-European). They generally look whiter than Iraqis.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Many Egyptians don't look that different from Levantiness (and Levantines aren't that white looking either). I recently went to this Shawarma place and had a convo with the owner, he then asked me where I think he was from. I guessed Iraq first, then Lebanon, then he got offended and said he was Egyptian. :lol:
Obviously Egyptians vary depending if they’re from the Upper or Lower part of the nile but as someone who’s been to Egypt on holiday. I can safely say Egyptians on average are light brownish colour.

I agree Levantines aren’t too white heck I’ve seen White looking Berbers who probably have Iberian admixture.

Cyrus

Iraqi Arabs are Semitic.

Iranians/Persians aren't Semitic. They are a mixture between Middle Easterners and a little bit of Ancient Slav/Russians (Indo-European). They generally look whiter than Iraqis.
They look like afghans too and share a similar language(pashto). On one hand afghans are religous zealots while their iranian cousins are liberal asf

Apollo

VIP
They look like afghans too and share a similar language(pashto). On one hand afghans are religous zealots while their iranian cousins are liberal asf

Iranians in the West and the ones in Iran behave very differently. The ones in the West are the liberals who were kicked out.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
They are North African Berbers who've been assimilated into Arab culture like the Lebanese who were Phoenicians.

Invader

They are peoples who adopted Arab culture whilst not being Arab.

Invader

Iranians in the West and the ones in Iran behave very differently. The ones in the West are the liberals who were kicked out.
Qajar Iran
Flag of Iran before 1979 Revolution (Pahlavi Dynasty).svg

Trending