Are men morally obligated to protect stranger women?

Sxb you're liable to pick up an assault charge for your troubles. Imagine trying to address that one in a job interview lol, "Well you see... I was raised to be a white knight in Satin armor. It's my sacred duty to defend fair maidens in distress". f*ck that for a laugh :heh:
Bro I think I shared the story here before.

A few months ago as I got out of the city train building downtown, there was this one native guy who was dragging one native girl by her hair and smacking another one with his free hand. Out in the open and there’s a bunch of people. Two cadaan girls were directly behind me as I walked pass the guy and they literally demanded I jump in and help :pachah1:
I looked at them and literally made this face :pachah1:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Bro I think I shared the story here before.

A few months ago as I got out of the city train building downtown, there was this one native guy who was dragging one native girl by her hair and smacking another one with his free hand. Out in the open and there’s a bunch of people. Two cadaan girls were directly behind me as I walked pass the guy and they literally demanded I jump in and help :pachah1:
I looked at them and literally made this face :pachah1:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yeah. More often than not the people who try to mess with women in public are too pussy to do it to a man. All you need to do is shout at them and they'll just run away.

Daydreamer

teetering in-between realities
idk why everyone thinks that you should risk your life for a stranger, unless it's sexual assault, im not stepping in for anything else for the sake of an adult, americans are a special type of psycho. Imagine dying for a strangers lacag who probably wouldn't even remember you. call me a fulay but i couldn't give a damn, hell most of the people saying they would be a white knight would be shitting their pants in that situation.

I once saw my female neighbour being assaulted by some guy she was apparently dating. I scared the crap out of him, and removed her from his presence.

Never told anyone about the incident, not even her brothers who I know very well.

Grimmer

Reer guri
In America any guy with a little bit of street knowledge knows to not get involved. Minding your business will allow you to live a little longer.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Bystander behaviours tend to vary based on gender.
Females tended to be more likely to directly intervene with the victims during the incident, by either pulling them away from the situation or asking if they are okay (e.g. Holland et al., 2016; Moschella et al., 2018). Females have also been shown to be more likely to intervene post-assault (i.e. supporting the victim after the assault), indicating the use of more tertiary prevention measures (Franklin et al., 2020; Hoxmeier et al., 2015).
As for gender-based violence, which is more likely to occur within an intimate relationship than from an actual stranger on the street:
Rates of gender-based violence in Canada are alarmingly high: 44 per cent of women or 6.2 million women 15 years and older face abuse from an intimate partner in their lifetimes.
Women are four times more likely to be afraid of their partner scompared to men and/or
experienced IPV.
A woman or girl is killed by violence every 48 hours.
It costs $7.4 billion to deal with the aftermath of IPV.

As for that growing hate directed at women online:
Digital gendered hate and abuse is also a concern in our increasingly virtual lives. Statistics Canada data shows one in five women experience online harassment.
It can happen in digital environments like social media or gaming sites, and technology tools can also be used in the course of perpetuating gender-based violence (e.g. rideshare and dating apps). It is referred to as tech-facilitated gender-based violence, cyberviolence, and more.

As for gender-based violence, which is more likely to occur within an intimate relationship than from an actual stranger on the street:
I remember reading a similar report. So basically to sum it up, men are in fact less likely to protect or intervene and women are also much more likely to be attacked by men who are meant to protect them. All in all, I don't see a lot of the 'protecting' men are professing to do. Obviously i'm not talking about all men, many do indeed protect their families.

Really sad how women are much more likely to be attacked and die at the hands of men who meant to protect. It's harrowing stuff indeed.

Daydreamer

I remember reading a similar report. Really sad how women are much more likely to be attacked and die at the hands of men who meant to protect them rather than strangers.
some men are just violent in general, they attack everyone male and female. Men in general are more likely to commit violent crimes

some men are just violent in general, they attack everyone male and female. Men in general are more likely to commit violent crimes
I know this, but it's crazy that if a woman is murdered it's much more likely it's her partner NOT a strange man. In the UK alone, 3 women are murdered weekly by their partners.

Daydreamer

I know this, but it's crazy that if a woman is murdered it's much more likely it's her partner NOT a strange man. In the UK alone, 3 women are murdered weekly by their partners.
what can i say, humans are megalomaniacs, if one has power over another, best believe they'd use it in one way or another. A lot of these people feel that their power is challenged or are angry about their position in life and lash out.

Wont be risking my life for an cadaan woman, if it was a muslim woman her honour would be my responsibility.

NidarNidar

Punisher

As for that growing hate directed at women online:
Men tend to be the main homicide victims, it's been dropping steadily for a while.

According to the data given by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, worldwide, 79% of homicide victims are men, and in 193 of the 202 listed countries or regions, men were more likely to be killed than women.

1713955210343.png

1713955304351.png

Notice the rise from the 1970 - most likely drug fuelled, CIA was dumping massive amounts of drugs and the government or those that knew turned a blind eye since it was only affecting minorities.

1713955139310.png

Men tend to be the main homicide victims, it's been dropping steadily for a while.
Not surprised. Men often take part in risk taking activities that will result in more murders like the drug trade ect and other forms of violent endeavours.
According to the data given by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, worldwide, 79% of homicide victims are men, and in 193 of the 202 listed countries or regions, men were more likely to be killed than women.

View attachment 326246
View attachment 326247
Notice the rise from the 1970 - most likely drug fuelled, CIA was dumping massive amounts of drugs and the government or those that knew turned a blind eye since it was only affecting minorities.

View attachment 326245
Yep that's deffo true what makes it different with women is that more than 80% of women are being killed by husbands/boyfriends and male family members whilst only 11% are when it comes to men. As a man you're much more likely to be killed by someone outside your family, whilst a woman is much more likely to be killed by a partner.

NidarNidar

Punisher
Yep that's deffo true what makes it different with women is that more than 80% of women are being killed by husbands/boyfriends and male family members whilst only 11% are when it comes to men. As a man you're much more likely to be killed by someone outside your family, whilst a woman is much more likely to be killed by a partner.
That's fucked up, I haven't looked it up but it might be due to substance abuse or the spouse seeking divorce or ending the relationship, it's more likely to come from a more emotional man that hasn't had a father figure in his life.

Just my own experience from witnessing my childhood friend hit his mother around the age of 12 or 13 he used to shout and had anger issues, he never had a father figure, his dad was in jail, he got kicked out at 16 by his mom, he was drinking and smoking weed, I lost touch with him around this time, a few years back he was arrested for physically assaulting his girlfriend.

You got a chance, most thieves with knives don’t know how to use them. Just grab onto his wrist and twist clockwise to make him throw it down, then kick it away.

Trending