Are all Somali step-mothers evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spoken with a lot of people who grew up with their step-mothers, and they all uniformly talk about being persecuted and abused by them, being treated blatantly less favorably than their siblings given birth to by the step-mother. The fathers are usually aloof in the story, usually not caring about the child's welfare under the step-mother..
These people are usually those whose own mothers have died, so there really is a power imbalance and they live under the mercy of the step-mother.

My own step-mother is very nice, but there was never a power imbalance as I could walk out the door anytime if she tried to mistreat me (and my own mother would have probably skinned her alive....my step-mother has always been very scared of my mother, in fact most people are because she has a volcanic temper)...

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Step-mothers are only evils when the biological mother isn't alive and the father is an idiot who prioritizes his wife over his child.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Haven't heard of step mothers being qumayos but I've heard of Mother in laws being quamayos especially the Sons mother being a qumayo to the sons wife.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I careless if she is evil, as long as she brings her big futo daughter, we can shoot step-brother/sister amateur videos for my hub account :banderas:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Aren't all step mothers evil no matter their ethnicity. Step mothers are shitty women, thank god I never had one but I know couple of people who has step mothers some of them are not even Somali and they all unanimously hate their step mothers.

Aren't all step mothers evil no matter their ethnicity. Step mothers are shitty women, thank god I never had one but I know couple of people who has step mothers some of them are not even Somali and they all unanimously hate their step mothers.

wallahi you're correct. I've seen it with my old neighbors whether they were cadaan or immigrant, and they treated their own lavishly while the stepchild got the cold treatment.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
There's a mahmah (which I can't fully remember atm) which says basically only a doqon raises another woman's children (lol @ Somali women having a male like attitude to children)

Somali children raised by :step mothers, eedos , or habaryars tend to get abused. Not all but it's extremely common. You're probably better off being raised by strangers. Not to mention Somali culture doesn't exactly encourage the natural feminine nurturing nature. It's about hoarding resources for yourself in a competitive dog eat dog world. I highly doubt your average Somali child is getting hugs and kisses from his step mother. The thought just makes me chuckle. :yloezpe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts