Architecture

There is this architect who really inspired me because of his passion to help his country through his architecture.His name is omar deggan I follow him on twitter and his projects are spectacular he even did a ted talk a while back.

I was wondering how many people were doing architecture and were planning on going back and helping Somalia.

Here are a couple of his tweets

And here is his ted talk

You guys check the rest of his tweets out.

Talking about architecture,should somalis develop their own unique style because the old buildings of mogadishu all have heavy influence from italians and arabs.

And if we develope our own style of architecture what do u think it would look like?

All proposals are welcome.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
800px-Sheikh_Hussein.jpg
800px-Sheikh_Hussein.jpg

the sheikh hussein tomb of a famous Somali shiekh who brought Islam to the oromo sidama people

Or the walls of harar
the-wall.jpg

Which is now a unesco world heritage site the walls built by emir nur

These are a few examples of traditional Somali or horn of African architecutre

Islamic/Arabic architecture is beautiful. I wanna mosques popping out of every corner.

Also, Italian/european architecture is amazing.

For Mogadishu, I'd want a combination of old and modern. Colorful houses near our beach or just plain white houses:rejoice:

No skyscrapers for me, they'd look weird. I might consider it, if it's far far away from the beach.

Islamic/Arabic architecture is beautiful. I wanna mosques popping out of every corner.

For Mogadishu, I'd want a combination of old and modern. Colorful houses near our beach or just plain white houses:rejoice:

No skyscrapers for me, they'd look weird. I might consider it, if it's far far away from the beach.
Mashallah nice idea.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
You can hardly see Somali Architecture in the big towns no more.

Berbera
Taleex
Xamarweyne
And few other Southern places I'm not familiar with.

I agree having sky scrapers all over the place kills its uniqueness and plain white is good

I think we need these kind of nice houses all over the Somali coast. Nice summer getaways. Will defo build one in the future insh.
20190721_233749.jpg

20190721_233809.jpg
20190721_233706.jpg

20190721_233826.jpg

:lawd:

This guy is everything Somalia needs. He was also working with hodan nalayeh. He has good ideas for the country and is not scared to go back and build.
Intelligent and classy. If he comes to my city and is single I will propose and even pay the dowry Indian style.

We have to support his projects and also other Somalis projects.
True his a role model for the diaspora somalis who want to go back and visit.

Talking about architecture,should somalis develop their own unique style because the old buildings of mogadishu all have heavy influence from italians and arabs.

And if we develope our own style of architecture what do u think it would look like?

All proposals are welcome.

The Italian architecture was called art deco architecture it was popular in 1910 to 1940s.
Alot of the famous buildings in the world ex. Chrysler building,Empire State building,Rockefeller are from those style.
Is not made as much any more but in 80s my city had one is called wells Fargo center they're all very good looking building and have that timeless classic look.
Usually they look good at night
:icon e geek:

Mpls is building a new building called eleven I think we should have building similar to it in Somalia
Eleven_WestViewHero_Final_102418.jpg

Is the building closest on the left white and classic look with light on top:cool:

We should take the Eritrean approach and use/renovate and keep intact italian architecture and islamic stone architecture. I don't think Somalis have an actual architecture like Ethiopians had since ancient times, we haven't built a building much higher than average houses by ourselves...ever.

Here are examples of architecture in Asmara which is still being used:

(this one is beautiful)

We should take the Eritrean approach and use/renovate and keep intact italian architecture and islamic stone architecture. I don't think Somalis have an actual architecture like Ethiopians had since ancient times, we haven't built a building much higher than average houses by ourselves...ever.

Here are examples of architecture in Asmara which is still being used:

(this one is beautiful)

The Churches look stunning.
:ehh:

Trending