Arabs were not safe walking in Somali inhabited territories in 1801

"In their persons the Samaulies are neither Negroes nor Arabs. They have woolly hair, drawn out into points, in every direction, but their noses are not flat. They are finely limbed, with a very
dark skin, and beautifully white teeth. The expression of their countenance is neither fierce, nor unpleasing. I consulted several of the respectable merchants of Aden and Mocha, respecting the possibility of penetrating into the interior of Africa, by the cara-vans, which return from Berbera, and they uniformly agreed that, by securing the friendship of one of the Samauli chiefs, and
learning the language, an European might, in his own character, make the journey in safety. It would certainly however be more wise that he should pass for a Mussulmaun, but not for an Arab, a nation whom they detest."

Voyages and travels to India, Ceylon, the Red Sea, ... v. 2. Mountnorris, George Annesley, Earl of, 1769-1844.

@Factz
@Apollo
@World
@sophisticate
@Nilotufian
@geeljire madaxweyne

Where did this Arab love come from? The early Somali hated Semites.

Last edited:

World

VIP
Theyre talking about nomadic Somalis. Obviously they would hate Arabs since Somalis were enslaved by them. Coastal somali areas however all had an Arab presence and were usually ruled by Arab sultanates.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Theyre talking about nomadic Somalis. Obviously they would hate Arabs since Somalis were enslaved by them. Coastal somali areas however all had an Arab presence and were usually ruled by Arab sultanates.
Got mentioned then I heard this bullshit
Da fuq inslaved who if you haven't forgotten how Arabs were in slaved by the habash

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
Go and read about the Arab East African slave trade. The Omanis who ruled Mogadishu and Southern Somalia often raided nomadic somali settlements in the interior and enslaved them.
Omani scum didn't rule Mogadishu
Dump ass we would be speaking Arabic
But we speak Somali an ancient cushitic language f*ck out a here with you're bullshit

Do you have any evidence that Somalis were enslaved?

Because we have absolute proof that it was illegal to sell and buy a Somali.

Ask @Factz , he will tell you too.

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
@Factz check this Arab beg I bet his oromo
No proof that Omanis ever invade somalia in fact we attacked them and defeated them forced them to pay tribute to help geledi sultanate

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Do you have any evidence that Somalis were enslaved?

Because we have absolute proof that it was illegal to sell and buy a Somali.

Ask @Factz , he will tell you too.

@World is trolling. Don't fall for his bait but yeah, it was illegal to enslave Somalis.

Somalis were considered "Hurr" meaning free, and belonging to the unenslavable race. Slavery against Somalis was illegal and was declared punishable as piracy.

LeYX5-cGT922d9SJcnDnHg.jpg

Another source stating that Arabs never ever enslaved Somalis.

IkUvY70USV_5YsbNDhfU0g.png

Also, Omanis didn't rule the Benadir coast at all. It was locally governed by the Geledi Sultanate and the Hiraab Imamate which were the successor states of Ajuran Sultanate. Zanzibar was only nominal meaning they claimed the territories but didn't control it.

EnGfu-FlTyaaN2FHSbypZA.png

Last edited:
If Somalis were enslaved by arabs where are the descendants of Somali slaves?

Irrational hate for Arabs painting them with one brush. Libyans torture Somalid and Syrians allowed Somalis to settle in their country.

The same people who paint Arabs with one btush would get offended if an Arab asked if Somalis and Amxaaro are the same.

We have no land border with Arab countries.
2 out 3 countries we border have done worse to us than Arabs.

The real threat is from AU occupation not some Arab drinking his baasiin.

Wrote this before some ignoramus comes calaacal about Arabs.

I don't got special love for any ethnicity including Somalis. This is my objective view

Stop spreading bull shit. PPL might actually believe you i mean we do have a 68 iq population, now imagine if they believed they were slaves. Oh! i can see the victimhood now.

:mjlol:

Trending