Arabic speakers come in

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
You can have access to fairly in depth coverage of the Islamic world. You can also read religious texts on your own and come to your own conclusions. I was just watching a series on modernity, postmodernity & Islam presented by an Iraqi Shia Ayatollah, nothing produced by Muslims in English comes close to it in quality.

Arabic is very useful if you want to better understand a fairly large part of the globe with huge influence on Somalia. The Arab league has the 4th largest economy in the world, so there can some economic reward to learning Arabic if you want to do trade with the Arab world.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
one of the most spoken languages on earth other than english, french, and mandarin. So if you were gonna learn a new language, it’d be one of those 4.

Most of us know english. French isn’t too far off from english in terms of culture, politics, and the language itself. So it’s not that “foreign” of a language.

So mandarin and arabic would be the most useful non-european languages to know these days. Mandarin is an incredibly hard language to learn, nearly impossible if you don’t live in China. Whereas arabic is similar to Somali and not that hard to learn.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
You can have access to fairly in depth coverage of the Islamic world. You can also read religious texts on your own and come to your own conclusions. I was just watching a series on modernity, postmodernity & Islam presented by an Iraqi Shia Ayatollah, nothing produced by Muslims in English comes close to it in quality.

Arabic is very useful if you want to better understand a fairly large part of the globe with huge influence on Somalia. The Arab league has the 4th largest economy in the world, so there can some economic reward to learning Arabic if you want to do trade with the Arab world.
To addition to this, you can fairly access and understand various aspects of Arab culture, huge amount of literature, whether the old one like " Rasa'il Al-ghufran" (It is a book of divine comedy that concentrates on the Arabic poetical civilization but in a way that touches all aspects of life.) Or the new ones like Garnada.
1615957825538.png

You can read and feel the beauty of Arab the poetry instantly, like the heroic poets of Antara or Al-mutanabi. Or the Abbasid poets, the golden age of Islamic civilisation.

Rich history which it isn't fully translate, and an insight to historical events.

Learning a new language is like entering a new world , and with Arabic it's a big and fascinating world . It's like 'wax kaa qarsoona oo daaha laga qaaday'.
For me my next target is Japanese or Mandarin.

Also if u learn Arabic you could understand this Fadhi ku dirir poem, the most epic poem was made before Islam , one of the mucalaqaat .

:faysalwtf:

Last edited:

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
i tried learning arabic , i found it depressing lol and further made me feel inferior to arabs :deadmanny:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Imagine speaking arabic, do arabs speak somali? Smh we need to ban arabs in a

Arabic is not really the original Arabs' language anymore. It was originally the language of desert nomads in the Arabian desert who also had a bit of an urban and settled farmer presence here and there like in the Hejaz and the southern Levant but since the Islamic conquests it became a massive lingua franca, the "English" to a huge chunk of the medieval world. People everywhere from Timbuktu to Cordoba, Somaliweyn to the Nile delta, the holy land to the mountains of Afghanistan and beyond had people who had a working and literate knowledge of Arabic where the language was either being used for trade, the sciences, courtly life, record keeping or at the very least liturgy. It became a transnational language long before English and for the last millennia any Somalis who knew how to read or write were mostly doing so in Arabic or at least using the script. A whole world is to be explored if one learns Arabic, huuno. Don't shun it out of some cuqdad toward Khaleejis or something.

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Many history records in the world are only accessable in arabic, When u travel in mena u dont need need to speak english

Best of all When dhegacas be talking smack u can put him in his place after u heard everything they said :mjhaps:

For me is how many arab chicks you can bag. :whoo: This is their face whenever they see you can actually speak it and not just a lame who used a pickup line from Twitter

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Tacalamtu haadihi luuqah likaay aw uriidu
an afham haa ulaa al carab waa maada sayaquuluun idhaa taraktu min al qurfah , famuhum bidhaba shaklun daa ir
yusibuuna naas kathiiran waa haada laysat jayidan , xaaraam calayhum , haa ulaa un ficlun nafsu shay maca ashkhaas rufyaan , allah yaxraq daarahum wa allah yudamir bayuutuhum nacala
laakin bixayaati wa qasamtu mara ukhra ana maa akdhib , laa uxibu an ataxadatha bihaadihi Al luuqah , yacni akrahuhaa bi ziyaadah , waa idha ashuufu waaxid carab sa adhrubuhu xataa yabki mithla dhiflun naasu dhal raaxixayuhum mithla al kaaritha

Cafwan ma aqdir an tataxadath aw aktubu bil haatif carabi , cindi lowxi al mafaatiix al kambiyuutar lakin yashtaqil bil ingliisi faqad

Fahamta wala laa
Idha fahamat jayid idha maa fahamat laysat mushkilaty okay ciao macasalama
Carab anaa waso waa wada oyin

AHAHAHAHA

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
Tacalamtu haadihi luuqah likaay aw uriidu
an afham haa ulaa al carab waa maada sayaquuluun idhaa taraktu min al qurfah , famuhum bidhaba shaklun daa ir
yusibuuna naas kathiiran waa haada laysat jayidan , xaaraam calayhum , haa ulaa un ficlun nafsu shay maca ashkhaas rufyaan , allah yaxraq daarahum wa allah yudamir bayuutuhum nacala
laakin bixayaati wa qasamtu mara ukhra ana maa akdhib , laa uxibu an ataxadatha bihaadihi Al luuqah , yacni akrahuhaa bi ziyaadah , waa idha ashuufu waaxid carab sa adhrubuhu xataa yabki mithla dhiflun naasu dhal raaxixayuhum mithla al kaaritha

Cafwan ma aqdir an tataxadath aw aktubu bil haatif carabi , cindi lowxi al mafaatiix al kambiyuutar lakin yashtaqil bil ingliisi faqad

Fahamta wala laa
Idha fahamat jayid idha maa fahamat laysat mushkilaty okay ciao macasalama
Carab anaa waso waa wada *****oyin

AHAHAHAHA
When did I claim arab? lol and what are you on about with this?

Trending