Arab speakers back home

I got into a heated conversation with this random fob yesterday about Somali Arabic speakers. In typical fob fashion, he boldly claimed that 98% of somalis spoke Arabic back home which is obviously nonsense. I tried to prove to him with a couple google searches that this just isn't the case but proud fobs don't like being proven wrong. As I was showing him how categorically wrong that statement was, he was using rhetoric in saying that I haven't been back home and implying that I'm clueless on Somali matters. Admittedly, I lost composure when I realised what he was doing and called him an arab beg. I realised after that I couldve handled that fob swiftly if my somali was better, who cares about data like the percentage of fleunt arabic speakers in somali lol.

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
Lol should have given him the haye kheyr and kept it moving. You can’t win an argument against someone not constrained by simple things like logic and facts.

giphy.gif

In my opinion there are two types of fobs.

Fob1: Newly arrived.
Fob2: Been living in diaspora decades but never bothered to learn the language, culture and customs of their new country.

I learned longtime ago there’s no winning with ignorant. Wallahi given enough time a fob will try to convince you with a straight face that the sky is green and always has been :ftw9nwa:

It was hard to not get sucked into such a wrong controversial statement. He realised he couldn't argue about what we were talking about specifically so attacked my experience/character, such a slimy c*nt.

Fob2: Been living in diaspora decades but never bothered to learn the language, culture and customs of their new country.

I learned longtime ago there’s no winning with ignorant. Wallahi given enough time a fob will try to convince you with a straight face that the sky is green and always has been :ftw9nwa:
I agree to learn language but why should I learn culture or custom. Since It is not my culture and have my own culture and custom

He was number two but this guy was clearly a patholgical liar, he was a masters graduate from ucl in electrical and electronic engineering and is doing his phd soon. As for work, hes told me that he works as a call center operative from home one time and the other time he says he was pa sending/answering emails. Lol theres so much more context I could give we were sat down for a long time but its lies after lies with him.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I got into a heated conversation with this random fob yesterday about Somali Arabic speakers. In typical fob fashion, he boldly claimed that 98% of somalis spoke Arabic back home which is obviously nonsense. I tried to prove to him with a couple google searches that this just isn't the case but proud fobs don't like being proven wrong. As I was showing him how categorically wrong that statement was, he was using rhetoric in saying that I haven't been back home and implying that I'm clueless on Somali matters. Admittedly, I lost composure when I realised what he was doing and called him an arab beg. I realised after that I couldve handled that fob swiftly if my somali was better, who cares about data like the percentage of fleunt arabic speakers in somali lol.
I know a dude that was claiming that Somali language is an old dialect of Arabic with a mix of native languages. And his proves were loan words. Basically he had "we're banu hashim" agenda. So I provided a linguistic and logical evidences, I got blocked :lolbron:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
More people know how to speak it now due to school but the majority I meet really don't. They can read and write and pronounce the words but that's more due to Dugsi and Somali being Afro-Asiatic like Arabic.

We need to accept that the war and lack of schooling has had a major impact on the psyche of many 'fobs'. These fobs despite being younger are a lot more backwards than our parents generation who were brought up with stability and schooling.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
We need to accept that the war and lack of schooling has had a major impact on the psyche of many 'fobs'. These fobs despite being younger are a lot more backwards than our parents generation who were brought up with stability and schooling.

People back home aren't as bad as folks think. They can often be a lot more hardy and put together than diasporans. They often have to grow up at a young age. You'll meet 10-15 year olds who are practically running the entire household or people in their late teens who are already married, working and have their first few kids. Khaleej kids are often spoiled brats in comparison. My mother would be routinely shocked over the years at how her friends would call home to tell the housekeeper to make sure the kids brushed their teeth, ate dinner and bla bla. How old were these kids? 16-18. 😐

One time a grandmother was visiting her daughter in Dubai from Somalia and noticed this same pattern. Kids were in their late teens to early 20s and still being babied and cooked for so one day their hooyo comes home and there is incense scenting up the entire house and some Sheikh is in the living room reading Qur'an as her children sit in front of him. Her mother was sitting nearby and when she asked what was going on the ayeeyo goes "You mean they're not retarded?!" Poor ayeeyo thought her grandkids were disabled and called a sheikh to help cleanse them of their ailment.

:dead::deadmanny::deadrose:

Trending

Latest posts