Arab Sheikh calls out Somalis for using “Abdi” as a name, says it’s haram

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
Somalis have a phobia of giving their kids ethnic name 😂 I can’t think of more then 5 people in my age with ethnic names and that’s including both genders.
It’s more popular back home amongst girls

Somalis have a phobia of giving their kids ethnic name 😂 I can’t think of more than 5 people in my age with ethnic names and that’s including both genders.
My own parents have told me they don’t prefer Somali names lmaooo that’s why mine and all my siblings names are Arabic. At least they kept them Islamic though

I don’t understand some Somali people’s dislike for traditional names. There’s so many beautiful ones. My favourites are Deqa, Sagal, Ayan, Asli, Sareedo, Ayanle, Sharmarke and Liban

Last edited:
It has a bad meaning in Arabic, of course in Somali there is no problem, but when you go to Arab countries with a name like this, there will be some confusion
IMG_1095.jpeg

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Somalis have a phobia of giving their kids ethnic name 😂 I can’t think of more then 5 people in my age range with ethnic names and that’s including both genders.
In Djibouti we have lots of native Somali names. My extended family is a mix of Islamic and Somali names

Trending

Latest posts