Anyone in Medicine and Engineering(Of Any Kind) at Research level on here?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Well my official job title is Software Engineer:samwelcome:

Alla, imagine a FOB like you tellin me I live in Riverside:pachah1:

Tell the truth, which floor did you live on in the Riverside building:ulyin:
You can’t be a fob, if you never been on a “boat” don’t make me post my birth certificate:ufdup:

One of the fancy toys at our work. It uses beams of charged ions in a high vacuum system accelerated towards a sample/target to remove unwanted substrate material at certain depth, usually in atomic/subatomic scale. It has tilted and rotating stage that holds the sample, a flow of inert gases in the chamber, and assembly of generators to produce beams of the charged ions that bombard the target inside. Cool stuff.

upload_2019-7-19_15-39-47.png

Correction "If you've never been on a boat".

I see ESL classes these days are lacking:damedamn:

For some reason, they told me my English was good enough to register it as a first language on the application when I showed up for the college level placement exam That helped me avoid being bogged down in an ESL class for a year or two with Vietnamese and Somali elders like Basra. Phew!

Last edited:
Did a master degree in Statistics. Started another masters in Data science. I'm writing my thesis and will publish my first research article soon in shaa allah.

One of the fancy toys at our work. It uses beams of charged ions in a high vacuum system accelerated towards a sample/target to remove unwanted substrate material at certain depth, usually in atomic/subatomic scale. It has tilted and rotating stage that holds the sample, a flow of inert gases in the chamber, and assembly of generators to produce beams of the charged ions that bombard the target inside. Cool stuff.

View attachment 75660
How much is that worth, millions easily?

Did a master degree in Statistics. Started another masters in Data science. I'm writing my thesis and will publish my first research article soon in shaa allah.

Will you publish your research and post it online somewhere?

I am happy to see an educated sister and brother who made something out of themselves.

You can also grace us with brief post of your findings on here. I would love to read that.

Will you publish your research and post it online somewhere?

I am happy to see an educated sister and brother who made something out of themselves.

You can also grace us with brief post of your findings on here. I would love to read that.

Thank you. Yes I will publish it. I didnt talk about the details with my teacher yet. But it will probably be on Google scholar. I will post my findings here when I am done with the research in shaa Allah.

Thank you. Yes I will publish it. I didnt talk about the details with my teacher yet. But it will probably be on Google scholar. I will post my findings here when I am done with the research in shaa Allah.

That would be nice of you to share. Don't add too much personal details when you post your work on here, just the topic of research. Would be good to learn something new.

You must be good with numbers.

That would be nice of you to share. Don't add too much personal details when you post your work on here, just the topic of research. Would be good to learn something new.

You must be good with numbers.

I got good with numbers while in college but in high school I used to hate maths.
Yes I won't share too much here for sure Haha.

How much is that worth, millions easily?

I asked some of my seniors at my work if they know how much the machine costs. Only the manager would know the exact figure but they estimated it to be around $400,000.

The most expensive machine we operate costs a million plus.

I got good with numbers while in college but in high school I used to hate maths.
Yes I won't share too much here for sure Haha.

How did you get over your dislike? That would be a useful tip for anyone in that situation. Comes in handy to know few pointers to encourage someone to get over their paranoia of numbers or dislike of Math.

It is common in american culture to hate math and fear it. So kids pick up on that pervasive negative attitude towards math early on.

PS: Drop your current anime series/movie favorite as well. Networking through online Somali geeks is how I get best anime series recommendations.

Last edited:
How did you get over your dislike? That would be a useful tip for anyone in that situation. Comes in handy to know few pointers to encourage someone to get over their paranoia of numbers or dislike of Math.

It is common in american culture to hate math and fear it. So kids pick up on that pervasive negative attitude towards math early on.

Honestly I changed the way i study. In France we learn by heart stuff it's hard to visualize. So I started everything all over like a baby. Fractions to solving equations to derivatives etc. Every day just 1 hour or 2. I took it slow and measured my progress. In my field I need statistic more than hard core math. So I only focus on stats now. But I appreciated the process.

Honestly I changed the way i study. In France we learn by heart stuff it's hard to visualize. So I started everything all over like a baby. Fractions to solving equations to derivatives etc. Every day just 1 hour or 2. I took it slow and measured my progress. In my field I need statistic more than hard core math. So I only focus on stats now. But I appreciated the process.

Getting a good handle on the basics first boasts morale and your ability to move up levels. Seems you were highly motivated.

Yea, most other countries rely on rote learning. In america, they discourage that approach and their students end up falling behind on critical subjects like math and science.

@Schematics

If you haven't tried the best ones, though I do think you have, here

Naruto, one piece, bleach, fairy tail, attack on titan,Tokyo ghoul, Tokyo ghoul re, death note, assassination classroom, one punch man, my hero academia, dragon ball,kuroko no basket, maybe boruto(not my fave)

If you read manga
breaker and the continuation breaker new waves, kingdom, prince of tennis(has an anime version), new prince of tennis, detective conan(also in anime), nanatsu no taizai(anime), karate shoukoshi kohinata minoru

Then some webtoons (colored):
Noblesse, tower of God, God of high school, untouchable, the gamer, kubera, dice, lookism

Last edited:
@Schematics

Naruto, one piece, bleach, fairy tail, attack on titan,Tokyo ghoul, Tokyo ghoul re, death note, assassination classroom, one punch man, my hero academia, dragon ball,kuroko no basket, maybe boruto(not my fave)

If you read manga
breaker and the continuation breaker new waves, kingdom, prince of tennis(has an anime version), new prince of tennis, detective conan(also in anime), nanatsu no taizai(anime), karate shoukoshi kohinata minoru

Noblesse, tower of God, God of high school, untouchable, the gamer, kubera, dice, lookism

Thanks for the recommendations. I have watched all of Naruto episodes long ago and Bleach. Attack on Titan is on third season so I stopped at when Erin finds the book in the cellar. I like to accumulate episodes so I can watch them in few sessions that way.

I watched Death-Note, one of the most amazing anime series. Suspenseful. I am following Black Clover as well. Seen all of dragon ball versions long ago and gave up on it.

Will check the rest in your recommended list one by one. I have Netflix exclusively for anime.

One thing I was bothered though few weeks ago about the anime industry is how they pay little to the artists who create the anime characters( out of love obviously). Most of these artists are young women too. That was sad in a way. I was under the impression that such skills to create such beautiful mosaic of different universes, and characters to a highly detailed nature would earn someone lots of money. The article I read about this screwed up my view of the industry. I am not a run of the mill snowflake who would protest outside corporations but I have high standards for pay and fair wages. So this was disturbing. Just a side note.

@Schematics

If you read manga

My avatar if the Captain of the Black Bulls in Black Clover played by that Jap dude. I like his Nomadic(reer baadiye attitude and dress).

black_ma1.jpg

I finished Dbz like ages ago. Personally, I wouldn't watch it again. As for naruto, bleach, one piece I switched to the manga, because of the long fight scenes. I also like to save some episodes/chapters for later on, so I can read/watch all in one go.

No kidding, death note was awesome. I was kinda sad when L died. Lol, he and light were geniuses and the whole rivalry between them was AMAZING. I'm still shocked with how some artists come up with these plots.

I have still have to catch up on attack on titan, black clover and lots of other mangas.

I'm a big fan of many artists, it's really sad to hear that the work they do isn't getting the money and recognition it deserves. Could this have something to do with the "lack" of new stories? I've noticed some of them have similar plots. But in my opinion they're all unique in their own way.

Yes, I noticed your avatar from the beginning. I wanted to ask you, but from your posts you seem like an intellectual, so I refrained from asking. Lol, he looks laid back and cool.

Last edited:
I finished Dbz like ages ago. Personally, I wouldn't watch it again. As for naruto, bleach, one piece I switched to the manga, because of the long fight scenes. I also like to save some episodes/chapters for later on, so I can read/watch all in one go.

No kidding, death note was awesome. I was kinda sad when L died. Lol, he and light were geniuses and the whole rivalry between them was AMAZING. I'm still shocked with how some artists come up with these plots.

I have still have to catch up on attack on titan, black clover and lots of other mangas.

I'm a big fan of many artists, it's really sad to hear that the work they do isn't getting the money and recognition it deserves. Could this have something to do with the "lack" of new stories? I've noticed some of them have similar plots. But in my opinion they're all unique in their own way.

Yes, I noticed avatar your avatar from the beginning. I wanted to ask you, but from your posts you seem like an intellectual, so I refrained from asking. Lol, he looks laid back and cool.

Wait a second! Are you implying intellectuals can not be anime fans? I do have a swag a little but that is just for show. I am quick to apologize when someone feels hurt by what I said and mostly have positive outlook on things. I don't suspect people as well and approach everyone with lack of prejudgment. But, how I see myself might not usually be what others think of my character here/. So, it is good to know am missing a good conversation with the ladies because of my projected persona. Any tips?

If you google "Anime artists don't get paid enough", you will generate tons of headlines you can select from. I never bothered to read something about the industry and my findings were accidental. I hope the women in particular who are said to be majority of anime artists will make a good living out of their art. The article even mentioned how Naruto had some volunteer anime artists doing the work. The good thing is the passion these artists have for their hobby, so they are willing to sacrifice hours and usually it is said they stop when they are 30 years of age, or when they marry to find something better to do for money.

Anyway, nice to meet you QS. You can approach me with no worries from now on. I like conversations in settings like these and to learn.

Try Netflix if you can afford the service, they have good anime series, some of them made for Netflix.