Anyone in Medicine and Engineering(Of Any Kind) at Research level on here?

Libaaxseendheer, Also, the reason we use Silicon has to do with its Chemical Properties. Another Video of why Silicon USE for electronic manufacturing among other things.

Abti, Libaaxseendheer, watch this two minute video that shows you the first step to making a CHIP. How to make the Silicon Ingot etc.

Get back then we discuss some more. I will take your questions.

Heres what i dont grasp: a circuit board is essentially a platform with a conductive etching that forms an electric path and performs a simple logic gate sequence. How can a wafer many times smaller than a circuit board perform the billions of logic gates?

Heres what i dont grasp: a circuit board is essentially a platform with a conductive etching that forms an electric path and performs a simple logic gate sequence. How can a wafer many times smaller than a circuit board perform the billions of logic gates?

Because of the ability people developed to miniaturize a whole machine. The technology makes it possible to put millions of working circuits into a tiny square block made of silicon Abti.

It is why laptops are thinner, cellphones thinner and light etc. The first Computer was the Size of a ROOM before the invention of Ics(Integrated Circuits).

I googled how big was the first PC:

upload_2019-5-17_12-55-17.png

Mighty

If wars can be started with lies, so can peace.
No, to make it conductive or non-conductive Abti. Or whatever the process the design engineers wanted.

There is a concept called Doping. This is Semiconductor manufacturing. They manipulate elements and metals to produce Integrated Circuits.

I can explain some more if you want,
Is that what transistors are made of? I'm thinking the fact a transistor has the abilty to conduct and resist.

Is that what transistors are made of? I'm thinking the fact a transistor has the abilty to conduct and resist.

Basically bro. A transistor can be a switch or amplifier. If it is used as a switch, it is used in electronic devices like computers and similar type of devices. It can hold a 1 or 0, 1 for on, 0 for off. So when I am typing letters on the keyboard, each letter is like a number to the transistor in my laptop, it translates those numbers as letters and outputs that information on my screen and your screen.

I googled for you how the computer sees the letters you type. The letter HOPE as an example:

text-into-binary.gif

The computer understands only 1 and 0. And each word is a combination of 1s and 0s. I took this in my electronics and digital logic class way back. Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Then a CHIP is millions of these transistors/switches put together. That is what makes electronic devices run basically. Chips. there are other components of course, but everything relies on the chip ultimately.

Chip

computer-chip.jpg

Last edited:

Mighty

Basically bro. A transistor can be a switch or amplifier. If it used as a switch, it is used in electronic devices like computers and similar type of devices. It can hold a 1 or 0, 1 for on, 0 for off. So when I am typing letters on the keyboard, each letter is like a number to the transistor in my laptop, it translates those numbers as letter and outputs that information of my screen and your screen.

I googled for you how the computer sees the letters you type. The letter HOPE as an example:

text-into-binary.gif

The computer understands only 1 and 0. And each word is a combination of 1s and 0s. I took this in my electronics and digital logic class way back. Fun stuff.
I already knew how binary works, but nonetheless it's good see increasingly more geeljires head into these fields. BTW how old are you?

I already knew how binary works, but nonetheless it's good see increasingly more geeljires head into these fields. BTW how old are you?

One of the oldest perhaps on here considering how most seem immature. I notice the crowd here are Either FOBS who lost their brains or kids growing up and trying to figure out how the world works.

That is why I see myself to be the oldest on here.

Mighty, have you taken college courses while in high school? You know there is something called PSEO in Minnesota. If you live in that state, you can enroll in college provided you qualify and meet the high school credit before you graduate from highschool. You save money and the courses are free at the University or community college. Check with your counselor.

Post Secondary Enrollment Option(PSEO).

Mighty

Mighty, have you taken college courses while in high school? You know there is something called PSEO in Minnesota. If you live in that state, you can enroll in college provided you qualify and meet the high school credit before you graduate from highschool. You save money and the courses are free at the University or community college. Check with your counselor.

Post Secondary Enrollment Option(PSEO).
I live in Sweden bro. Universty is free here, the only thing you need to pay for is living cost. You can even take a loan to cover that.

I live in Sweden bro. Universty is free here, the only thing you need to pay for is living cost. You can even take a loan to cover that.

Lucky for you. Can you study a semester in somewhere outside Sweden? See if they offer you a course where you can study abroad at your future university, then sign up for Minnesota University for one semester.

See somalis here and enjoy seeing places.

@Schematics Very nice to have a researcher here.I am a second year chemical engineering student and hope to work in future with something related to energy. The idea of becoming a researcher does attract me but I have heard taking a phd might not be enjoyable and it isn't for everyone. Did you take a phd and what was your experience? Do you work with a lot of Somalis and do you ever plan to return to the motherland?

@Schematics Very nice to have a researcher here.I am a second year chemical engineering student and hope to work in future with something related to energy. The idea of becoming a researcher does attract me but I have heard taking a phd might not be enjoyable and it isn't for everyone. Did you take a phd and what was your experience? Do you work with a lot of Somalis and do you ever plan to return to the motherland?

I met an assistant Somali professor who does bio-research and teaches at a university.

I met many undergrads as well seeking degrees in computer science and EEC. There is hope for our community here in North America.

Whilst I help with research, I am not involved in projects hands on. I am on the technical side and responsible for accommodating the researchers using our facility with their technology/technical needs. My degree is technical but I had to know some science to do my job effectively.

Last edited:

People from 3M come to our facility and do research on product development sometimes. Chemical engineering is a good field. You have tons of options for work and research. It is also one of the hardest schools to get into at uofm as I heard.

Trending

Latest posts