Anyone in Medicine and Engineering(Of Any Kind) at Research level on here?

Tell us what you do as a project and what you study. I do assist people from a wide variety of fields from medicine and engineering to material science with some technical work at our facility. They do develop, create and work on useful technologies that can get into the markets tomorrow.

A simple example is the design of microfluidics which enable researchers to study cancer or any other disease in isolation cheaply and effectively. Some other engineering work in magnetics, solar systems, self assembling nano-crystals that will help quantum computing do take place at my work too.

So tell us what you study and what you hope to accomplish in the future.

Genesisx72

living off borrowed time
Tell us what you do as a project and what you study. I do assist people from a wide variety of fields from medicine and engineering to material science with some technical work at our facility. They do develop, create and work on useful technologies that can get into the markets tomorrow.

A simple example is the design of microfluidics which enable researchers to study cancer or any other disease in isolation cheaply and effectively. Some other engineering work in magnetics, solar systems, self assembling nano-crystals that will help quantum computing do take place at my work too.

So tell us what you study and what you hope to accomplish in the future.
I'm in my first year of Dentistry

I start an electronic engineering degree in august. Circuit boards, computers hardware, we have to invent something before graduating. Theres a high demand , 35 companies per graduate, younger generations are vying for less technical degrees and also theres just more technology infused with our everyday life.

As far as what they do, they apparently make the circuit board from scratch, more or less take gadgets apart, learn to read amps and current and voltage, majority of the day is hands on, and 1 algebra class, its a 2year degree.

Last edited:
I start an electronic engineering degree in august. Circuit boards, computers hardware, we have to invent something before graduating. Theres a high demand , 35 companies per graduate, younger generations are vying for less technical degrees and also theres just more technology infused with our everyday life.

As far as what they do, they apparently make the circuit board from scratch, more or less take gadgets apart, learn to read amps and current and voltage, majority of the day is hands on, and 1 algebra class, its a 2year degree.

Smart move. This is how you get a leg up on the ladder to making decent money as a minority in America.

I built frequency generator as a project in one semester, and later designed a working vacuum system in my last year. A vacuum system is not about vacuum cleaner btw, it is a system used by many processes and industries like semiconductor(chip making, chips/ics that go into computers, cars, rockets, and all electronic using devices). To mention few of these processes:

Evaporation
Sputtering
Distillation
Electric conduit
Heat treating
Vapor deposition
Ion implantation
Surface coating
Thermal insulation
Chem research
Materials research
Metallurgy
Surface analysis
Molecular beam epitaxy
Physics research
Space research
Food processing
Freeze drying

I know I have to explain each process and how the technology I studied plays a role. It is better if I let you ask which one that peaks your interest out of the list I made above.

Smart move. This is how you get a leg up on the ladder to making decent money as a minority in America.

I built frequency generator as a project in one semester, and later designed a working vacuum system in my last year. A vacuum system is not about vacuum cleaner btw, it is a system used by many processes and industries like semiconductor(chip making, chips/ics that go into computers, cars, rockets, and all electronic using devices). To mention few of these processes:

Evaporation
Sputtering
Distillation
Electric conduit
Heat treating
Vapor deposition
Ion implantation
Surface coating
Thermal insulation
Chem research
Materials research
Metallurgy
Surface analysis
Molecular beam epitaxy
Physics research
Space research
Food processing
Freeze drying

I know I have to explain each process and how the technology I studied plays a role. I let you ask which one that peaks your interest out of the list I made above.
Ion implantation, if you'd be so kind

Abti, basically it is a process of accelerating a molecule to hit a solid target in order to change the nature of that target(solid) electrically and chemically all within a system that is isolated from the environment. This is a simple explanation.

Since you seem to be a nerd, I can drop you a link that explains this process further. This process is used in chip making. Your laptop, cell phone, car all use technology made through this process.

This is what the machine looks like and it is called Ion Implanter. It is big but the process requires it to be this big.

upload_2019-5-17_12-14-15.jpeg

Abti, basically it is a process of accelerating a molecule to hit a solid target in order to change the nature of that target(solid) electrically and chemically all within a system that is isolated from the environment. This is a simple explanation.

Since you seem to be a nerd, I can drop you a link that explains this process further. This process is used in chip making. Your laptop, cell phone, car all use technology made through this process.
When you say change the nature of the target electrically and chemically, what fo you mean? Change iron to gold?

When you say change the nature of the target electrically and chemically, what fo you mean? Change iron to gold?

No, to make it conductive or non-conductive Abti. Or whatever the process the design engineers wanted.

There is a concept called Doping. This is Semiconductor manufacturing. They manipulate elements and metals to produce Integrated Circuits.

I can explain some more if you want,

No, to make it conductive or non-conductive Abti. Or whatever the process the design engineers wanted.

There is a concept called Doping. This is Semiconductor manufacturing. They manipulate elements and metals to produce Integrated Circuits.

I can explain some more if you want,
Please do, i've always wondered how computer chips work, no matter how much i read about it.
Lowkey sounds like sixir

Last edited:
For the ion implanter

It has huge transformers Abti, each piece of equipment comes with one rated for its power requirements. I would have to see the equipment spec specific to this to give you what transformer it uses.

In general though, It must have High Voltage transformer that can output a power which can be multiplied per need and a Low frequency converter.

I have to see the specs myself, But I mentioned the concept.

Please do, i've always wondered how computer chips work, no matter how much i read about it.

In lay man terms this is how it works:

- Get Carro(Clean Sand) like the ones in Somali sandy beaches
- Bake it and Cook it till the sand turns red hot and into pure Silicon(Glass is made of sand also btw)
- Take that Silicon ingot and slice it into wafers - A wafer is a circular very thin piece of silicon
- Take one wafer and coat it with sensitive chemicals and bake that coating
- Take it through Lithography process, Etch Process, Evaporation process, Ion Implant Process, Restart and redo the same over as many times as the device you are making requires and based on Engineering design agreed before process starts, then finally Test the device .

Each step of the process requires chemistry, electrical, physics know-how. And special equipment. It is amazing what Humans can do manipulating nature with machines Abti.

Last edited:
Abti, Libaaxseendheer, watch this two minute video that shows you the first step to making a CHIP. How to make the Silicon Ingot etc.

Get back then we discuss some more. I will take your questions.