Anyone here make passive income? What are your side jobs outside of your real jobs?

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
I got a couple of ideas but I have family that are in real estate and looking to get into that.

hbu?
I do graphic design, web development and shoot pics/videos for realtors. You're looking at £3-5k extra income/month. Obviously the first two don't require much if you pirate the softwares and learning materials. The pictures and videos for realtors bit will need you to invest in a really good camera + decent lenses, drone, lighting, gimbal, editing PC/laptop, you'll spend a minimum of £6-7k but you'll make that back in 2-3 months guaranteed.

Feel free to DM me if there's anything I can assist with the things mentioned above.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
I used to do side hustles here and then when I was part time studying, I graduated the faculty few years ago and it paid off, got my own thing , once this pandemic is over I'm expanding my franchise.
Let's just all hope the Wuhan Flu disappears for good. Epidemic disappear
We have to be optimistic
Time will tell.

I do graphic design, web development and shoot pics/videos for realtors. You're looking at £3-5k extra income/month. Obviously the first two don't require much if you pirate the softwares and learning materials. The pictures and videos for realtors bit will need you to invest in a really good camera + decent lenses, drone, lighting, gimbal, editing PC/laptop, you'll spend a minimum of £6-7k but you'll make that back in 2-3 months guaranteed.

Feel free to DM me if there's anything I can assist with the things mentioned above.
Whats your main job?

I'm a desktop developer, currently working for a company who basically designed one of NHS' softwares for their database.
Why is the UK so gaajo when it comes to paying software developers. Here I was offered $100k when i was 21 if i was in the UK I'd be getting 45k pounds

Rooble44

Why is the UK so gaajo when it comes to paying software developers. Here I was offered $100k when i was 21 if i was in the UK I'd be getting 45k pounds
I got £45 at my first job straight after graduation, had a raise of £5k the year after. Was on £50k for like 4 years. Decided to do my PhD which was funded by the company, and got my salary bumped up to £75 upon finishing my PhD. You need to realise life here is cheaper compared to the states, especially if you stay away from large cities like London, Edinburgh etc..

I got £45 at my first job straight after graduation, had a raise of £5k the year after. Was on £50k for like 4 years. Decided to do my PhD which was funded by the company, and got my salary bumped up to £75 upon finishing my PhD. You need to realise life here is cheaper compared to the states, especially if you stay away from large cities like London, Edinburgh etc..
That makes sense. I probably wouldn't need a car there cause of the dense cities and would have free healthcare and education.

Is it easy getting into it without a degree? What steps work best? I live in the UK too.

Ive been trying to learn basic languages like html css and js.

Rooble44

Is it easy getting into it without a degree? What steps work best? I live in the UK too.

Ive been trying to learn basic languages like html css and js.
Yes it is, it all depends on how much you learn before diving into work. I got a friend who did some COMPTIA Course with some provider, they put him into a job after finishing the course. Bare in mind this was 5years ago, I've spoken to him in around March, he is as doing a master's at Birmingham University which is some form of a conversion master's for computer science, so you'll get in regardless if your Degree was in social sciences or the medical sciences.

@Rooble44 for graphic design are you doing UI/UX work?
I'm doing neither, I do logo design, posters, leaflets, that sort of stuff. I was thinking of getting into UI/UX design though, good money.

Trending

Latest posts