Anyone here likes JRPGs, besides Final Fantasy?

JRPGs are my favorite genre of video games. Although I’ve been a gamer since I was 4, I didn’t get into until I was 14. My favorites are Tales of Destiny, Shadow Hearts, Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Mana, Star Ocean, and the Shin Megami Tensei series. I’m currently playing Persona 3 and Kingdom Hearts 3. I also played Chrono Trigger and the sequel. How y’all?

Oh yeah, Breath of Fire and the Grandia series, especially the second one are excellent JRPGS. My boyfriend recommended Phantasy Star to me. Unfortunately, I only played the one of Dreamcast.

Ive always wanted to try some jrpgs but never could get into i prefer VNS much more tbh like umineko and i recently bought danganronpa to play but cant find time to

Viscount

I got real connections
Kingdom Hearts 3 was a fucking disappointment, I grew up on that shit. The lore just causes me headaches. I prefer Survival Horror games like the Resident Evil series, I bought Kingdom Hearts 3 with Resident Evil 2 Remake.

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
fortnite

giphy.gif

Xaruun

VIP
Kingdom Hearts 3 was a fucking disappointment, I grew up on that shit. The lore just causes me headaches. I prefer Survival Horror games like the Resident Evil series, I bought Kingdom Hearts 3 with Resident Evil 2 Remake.
Apparently the Re:Mind DLC fixes the game, but I haven’t played it. KH2 FM was great though.
Oh yeah, Breath of Fire and the Grandia series, especially the second one are excellent JRPGS. My boyfriend recommended Phantasy Star to me. Unfortunately, I only played the one of Dreamcast.
Have you played Trails? The combat system is similar to Grandia.

You would like Shadow Hearts, if you like horror games.

Xenogears is a classic. I played all three xenosagas. The second one was unplayable, is only worth it for the story and Alberto

Apparently the Re:Mind DLC fixes the game, but I haven’t played it. KH2 FM was great though.

Have you played Trails? The combat system is similar to Grandia.
No, but I’ve heard good things about it. Another good one is Mana Khemia. The gameplay is super fun. .

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Dragon quest 11 was really fun, but it had problem with constantly reusing Monster and giving it alt color. most annoying about whenever someone sees me playing it they have always comment on the art style being similar to dragon ball.

Dragon quest 11 was really fun, but it had problem with constantly reusing Monster and giving it alt color. most annoying about whenever someone sees me playing it they have always comment on the art style being similar to dragon ball.
Akira Toriyama did a lot of character designs for games. He did Chrono Trigger and Tobal No.1. The only Dragon Quest I played was Dragon Quest 8 on the ps2