Anyone grew up loving dhuux (bone marrow)?

I was surprised when I heard that that was our tradition and still is in many places especially the baadiyo. Somali women grew up eating the leftovers/ scraps and gave all the good meat to the males.

Yet Somali women look so much more healthier and 3x the size of Somali males who look malnourished asf.

View attachment 204010

Women naturally carrier way more fat on their body because of estrogen and need it for child birth and rearing. Thats why most of the Somali women in the diaspora are overweight.

In badiyoo they rarely ate meat tbh b, only the wealthier ones did they relied on milk and ghee because livestock was valuable and most women were slim as well

They also didnt feed women scraps they fed them organ meats because those are the most nutritious parts of the animals, pregnant women would get first dibs on liver

I was surprised when I heard that that was our tradition and still is in many places especially the baadiyo. Somali women grew up eating the leftovers/ scraps and gave all the good meat to the males.

Yet Somali women look so much more healthier and 3x the size of Somali males who look malnourished asf.

View attachment 204010
i think it was like that in many cultures . a friend told me a similar story he´s from mexico

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Dhuux and baruur are the cherry on top.

Be careful not to suck out the dhuux straight from the bone with your mouth, though. I once almost died from getting a tiny little bit of bone stuck in my airway.
This was literally me when that happened

Trending

Latest posts