Anyone else seeing the propaganda pushed out by extremist SL supporters today?

What’s wrong with stating facts? I don’t care about the Somaliland vs Somalia issue but I do care about human beings being mistreated. It is inhumane. How could anyone defend this?
What is inhumane about it? This woman has done it several times before, and it clearly did her no harm as she continues to reoffend.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
We're democratic but let's put the flag waving in context cuz waving the that flag means you deny Somaliland sovereignty and it's part of so called "Somalia" that's the issue

Having elections for a president means nothing if your people cannot speak freely. Furthermore, Somaliland has shut down tv stations and newspapers over arbitrary reasoning. Also, not having parliamentary elections in 16 years does not help.

Democracy is the ability of the people to choose their legislators. Since Somalilanders were unable to do that for 16 years, then it was not a democracy.

How ironic is it that Somaliland is complaining about their citizens denying their sovereignty.

Having elections for a president means nothing if your people cannot speak freely. Furthermore, Somaliland has shut down tv stations and newspapers over arbitrary reasoning. Also, not having parliamentary elections in 16 years does not help.

Democracy is the ability of the people to choose their legislators. Since Somalilanders were unable to do that for 16 years, then it was not a democracy.

How ironic is it that Somaliland is complaining about their citizens denying their sovereignty.

You are from a country where you haven't had anything close to a democracy in nearly 55 years. It's like a beggar telling a millionaire how to dress like a billionaire. What you consider to be democratic is of no interest to us.

In the mean time here is a more objective standard.

Freedom in the world

FIW2021_Map.png

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
You are from a country where you haven't had anything close to a democracy in nearly 55 years. It's like a beggar telling a millionaire how to dress like a billionaire. What you consider to be democratic is of no interest to us.

In the mean time here is a more objective standard.

Freedom in the world

FIW2021_Map.png

Somalia is definitely not a democracy and will not be for some time. Comparing Somaliland to Somalia, probably the worst nation on earth, really does not help your argument. What type of "beacon of democracy" compares themselves to non-democratic nations. Somaliland only fit the criteria for a healthy democracy this year as it held legislative elections.

In 2020, Freedom House, the source you cited for your map, gave Somaliland a ZERO out of 4 for Free and Fair elections of representatives.

They also gave SL 1 out 4 for these categories: Free/independent media, safeguards against corruption, does elected government decide policy, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom from illegitimate use of force and war, personal social freedoms, equality of opportunity and freedom from economic exploitation.

The definition of democracy is: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

or

a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Until May 2021, Somaliland were not able to take part in the most important branch of government, their legislature. Electing a president is not a system of representation for the people.

Somaliland barely fit the first definition and failed the second definition of democracy.

As I said, I do not have an irrational hatred of Somaliland and want it to do well but accept where you have failed and where you have succeeded. I accept Somalia is a complete failure but Somalilanders cannot even find one criticism of their government?

Somalia is definitely not a democracy and will not be for some time. Comparing Somaliland to Somalia, probably the worst nation on earth, really does not help your argument. What type of "beacon of democracy" compares themselves to non-democratic nations. Somaliland only fit the criteria for a healthy democracy this year as it held legislative elections.

In 2020, Freedom House, the source you cited for your map, gave Somaliland a ZERO out of 4 for Free and Fair elections of representatives.

They also gave SL 1 out 4 for these categories: Free/independent media, safeguards against corruption, does elected government decide policy, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom from illegitimate use of force and war, personal social freedoms, equality of opportunity and freedom from economic exploitation.

The definition of democracy is: a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

or

a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Until May 2021, Somaliland were not able to take part in the most important branch of government, their legislature. Electing a president is not a system of representation for the people.

Somaliland barely fit the first definition and failed the second definition of democracy.

As I said, I do not have an irrational hatred of Somaliland and want it to do well but accept where you have failed and where you have succeeded. I accept Somalia is a complete failure but Somalilanders cannot even find one criticism of their government?

I brought up Somalia because I am not going to take my lessons on democracy from your people. Hence why your standards nor your definitions mean anything to us. That'd be like taking fashion advice from a beggar.

WTF are you crying about what Freedom House wrote about Somaliland in the past? Address what they have written them now. Somaliland is one of the more democratic countries in the world and one of the most democratic in Africa. None of us here are claiming we are a perfect democracy. The Freedom House report shows that we are far better than a lot of the world.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I brought up Somalia because I am not going to take my lessons on democracy from your people. Hence why your standards nor your definitions mean anything to us. That'd be like taking fashion advice from a beggar.

Since you have made it very clear that you do not want my standards of democracy or definition, I will refrain from providing my own personal comments on Somaliland.

Agreed?

WTF are you crying about what Freedom House wrote about Somaliland in the past? Address what they have written them now.

Okay, I will.

Somaliland is one of the more democratic countries in the world and one of the most democratic in Africa. None of us here are claiming we are a perfect democracy. The Freedom House report shows that we are far better than a lot of the world.

Okay, I will check.

Watch this space. Laakin, I would get lube if I were you.

Watch this space. Laakin, I would buy some lube if I were you.
Keep your khaniis tendencies to your native Puntnaniville, it is welcome over there. Matter of fact go and practice them on your terrorist cousins in the Qalqala mountains so they might stop blowing up your country for once.

Sxb you don't know Somaliland politics that well the main reason parliamentary elections took 16 years was because of funding as Somaliland isn't internationally recognized it can't get loans or aids from international community and there's also the issue of security in eastern regions and the voting registration system the Somaliland started 5 years ago to compact election fraud and irregularities which would now make it easily for elections to be conducted in their time if there's no draught in which case money would be diverted to tackle that issue.

Somaliland has a thriving free media where there's dozen of independent news networks and newspapers and those independent networks dominate Somali media which most of them are HQ in Hargeisa while in mogadishu Federal govt often arrests journalists who speak out against the govt. https://rsf.org/en/news/somalia-already-20-journalists-arrested-first-half-2020 https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/05/02/somalia-spate-arrests-intimidation-journalists

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Keep your khaniis tendencies to your native Puntnaniville, it is welcome over there. Matter of fact go and practice them on your terrorist cousins in the Qalqala mountains so they might stop blowing up your country for once.
Gay marriage is taking place in Hargeisa according to the local sheikhs.

repo

VIP
Nayaa, you following me around to cry now.
:damn:

Naa adkeeyso. I'll get you a pacifier if you can't. What an embarrasment.
If you want to behave like a woman and cry obsession like Mariah Carey as if it's going to make me stop correcting your bullshit, that's your prerogative. What a weird defense mechanism.

:snoop:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Sxb you don't know Somaliland politics that well the main reason parliamentary elections took 16 years was because of funding as Somaliland isn't internationally recognized it can't get loans or aids from international community and there's also the issue of security in eastern regions and the voting registration system the Somaliland started 5 years ago to compact election fraud and irregularities which would now make it easily for elections to be conducted in their time if there's no draught in which case money would be diverted to tackle that issue.

Somaliland has a thriving free media where there's dozen of independent news networks and newspapers and those independent networks dominate Somali media which most of them are HQ in Hargeisa while in mogadishu Federal govt often arrests journalists who speak out against the govt. https://rsf.org/en/news/somalia-already-20-journalists-arrested-first-half-2020 https://www.hrw.org/news/2020/05/02/somalia-spate-arrests-intimidation-journalists

Saaxib, I respect the appropriate and respectful tone you are using and I will respond in kind.

I understand the shortcomings of Somaliland's governance, regarding organising elections. My point is that Somaliland not being able to have a vote for 16 years means it does not fit the definition of a democracy but it does not mean it is a dictatorship. Somaliland is a partly free country, as Freedom House rightly placed it.

As for the media freedom, Somalia has a horrible track record but Hargeisa as a democracy should lead by example and not arrest journalists who cover airport safety or uncover allegations of corruption.

That was my underlying point sxb but your fellow countryman has been rather disrespectful when I have been nothing but polite to him these last few days.

If you will excuse me, I have a few things to say your friend.

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
As far as Freedom House, here is their map showing Somaliland to be more democratic than a lot of the world

FIW2021_Map.png
''democratic u sure'' the same so-called country that sends people to jail,beat them to death if they wear the color blue nor think about the somalia flag the same country that is rulled by one clan, i can assure u u would not be beat to death if u wear or eclebrate 18 may in muqadishu, they got no cuqdad unlike u guys but haye u democrat :mjlol: :heh:

If you want to behave like a woman and cry obsession like Mariah Carey, that's your prerogative. It isn't going to stop me from correcting your bullshit.

:snoop:
What are you talking about, naayaa. You're the following me around like an upset little princess because you can't handle the karbaashing I gave you.

Like I said, learn to adkeeyso. Be a man. Stop following me around like a neglected side chick.

''democratic u sure'' the same so-called country that sends people to jail,beat them to death if they wear the color blue nor think about the somalia flag the same country that is rulled by one clan, i can assure u u would not be beat to death if u wear or eclebrate 18 may in muqadishu, they got no cuqdad unlike u guys but haye u democrat :mjlol: :heh:
Absolutely, I am proud of the recent work our Gadabuursi brethern did

tenor.gif

repo

VIP
What are you talking about, naayaa. You're the following me around like an upset little princess because you can't handle the karbaashing I gave you.

Like I said, learn to adkeeyso. Be a man. Stop following me around like a little wench.
Make it sound believable, this is a forum and probably the third time we've engaged in any discussion.

You want to throw a hissy fit cause you want to get away with saying false things. Listen to your local sheikhs before making up stuff about other regions.

:kanyeshrug:

Somaliland isn't ruled by one clan or else adeerka iyo awoowka wouldn't have been competing for the third highest position in JSL the speaker of the parliament and also in 18 may celebration in xamar police officers raided the hotel that hosted the celebration and forced the attendees to leave and throwing the flag to the ground

repo

VIP
Uff caleyq, here you are still following me like a terrible stench. Naa xishood.
Trying to portray me as following you around cause I correct you isn't going to make me stop, you moron. When you say something, stand on your feet and own it.

:heh: