Anyone believe this statement is correct?

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
u don't need actual power to be racist all u need to know is some words and the context behind set words
Fair enough. Personally, i dont mind if someone dislikes me for being somali. I would mind if it shortstops my money

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Fair enough. Personally, i dont mind if someone dislikes me for being somali. I would mind if it shortstops my money
Which is why people say black people cant be racist. Of course we know black people can hate white people, but there’s a need to differentiate. Me saying “I hate crackers” does not hold the same implications as some white guy saying “ I hate n***ers”.

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Racism in it’s simplest definition is discriminating someone purely on race. So yes Black people can be racist

Black people cant be racist? I always thought it was a joke and I always use it as defence. Until a coworker told me it’s actually true. I was like bro it’s just a joke. But he was serious and said I was ignorant on the subject lool
all races can be racist

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
u are mixing instatunional racism with interpersonal racims
institutional racism implies using creating laws that are designed to f*ck over a group of people on the basis of their race expamles include apartheid south africa jim crow laws and segregation.

interpersonal racism is when people are being racist towards each other face to face (more or less) this form of racism can be conducted without having any form social economical or political power.

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
institutional racism implies using creating laws that are designed to f*ck over a group of people on the basis of their race expamles include apartheid south africa jim crow laws and segregation.

interpersonal racism is when people are being racist towards each other face to face (more or less) this form of racism can be conducted without having any form social economical or political power.
Its like sex vs masturbation of racism

Do you remember the picture where a guy who throws a stone at a tank? You know where I'm going with this, right? Like what's the racist equivalent of the n-word that would hurt a white person? It doesn't exist, and it signifies a whole lot.
Racism isn’t based on n word. Other races are racist towards each other

Racism isn’t based on n word. Other races are racist towards each other
Usually, when people say blacks can't be racist, it's in contrast to whites who have the dominant power and control the economic structure. I used the n-word as an example, nothing more. Everyone can be racist, but that was not my point; you're ignoring the complexity of this.

Usually, when people say blacks can't be racist, it's in contrast to whites who have the dominant power and control the economic structure. I used the n-word as an example, nothing more. Everyone can be racist, but that was not my point; you're ignoring the complexity of this.
But people who say blacks can’t be racist use power as reason. But power comes in different forms and not every white person has power over black person. As a basic answer everyone can be racist. Then if people want to get into different scenarios that’s another debate

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
If I went on the streets and started being “racist”. It would have no effect on white people. They aren’t discriminated so racial slurs would hold no emotional value to them, you can’t make their lives harder. If anything you’ll be jailed for hate crime and have your life ruined. What kind of racism is that? That’s just prejudice.

Black people are in no position to be racist on a grand scale here in the west. In fact by you claiming that black people can be racist you are furthering the agenda of white supremacist to have more ammo on poor black folks who have just had enough of racial tensions with power in the hands of whites.

Which is why I call on reparations, with more than just money. We need those crackas in chains
Who tf talks about insutition racism there is still casual racism plus why do u think racism is only white n black, didnt u see how asien was treated by madows after covid break, black ppl r racist but hide under slavery excuse bs

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I think it’s a complex statement.

Being racist is not limited to one race as we are all human beings who have the ability to love or hate others as individuals. In that sense, yes black people can be racist.

However what they’re talking about is systemic racism which is collective based racism as oppose to individual racism. The dominant group has the wealth and as a result, everything falls within their interpretation of how society should be governed based on their frame of references. In that sense, Black people are not in a position to be racist. :)

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I think it’s a complex statement.

Being racist is not limited to one race as we are all human beings who have the ability to love or hate others as individuals. In that sense, yes black people can be racist.

However what they’re talking about is systemic racism which is collective based racism as oppose to individual racism. The dominant group has the wealth and as a result, everything falls within their interpretation of how society should be governed based on their frame of references. In that sense, Black people are not in a position to be racist. :)
Bro I love it when you walk in a thread with your wisdom and provide the smack down of the century :banderas:

These somalis only know how to use white conservative talking points it’s as if all they can do is mimic. They refuse to open their minds and decide to jump at things. Like no sh*t black people can be racists, but that’s obviously not what they’re getting at.

Bro I love it when you walk in a thread with your wisdom and provide the smack down of the century :banderas:

These somalis only know how to use white conservative talking points it’s as if all they can do is mimic. They refuse to open their minds and decide to jump at things. Like no sh*t black people can be racists, but that’s obviously not what they’re getting at.
That wasn't obvious to me, but I don't ponder on this sort of thing very often. Anyhow good news for them, in 2050 Whites will be a minority in Europe and America.

Everyday racism between people are far more common than systematic racism. How often has anyone on here experienced systematic racism?

Everyday racism between people are far more common than systematic racism. How often has anyone on here experienced systematic racism?
the white women calling the cops on ppl for no good reason was acceptable behavior until ppl started recording it. Black women in America are more likely to die bc during childbirth due to negligence by doctors. Neither of those are systemic?

I’m surprised nobody talks about Bantu expansion. Bantus killed millions expanding there territory through Sub Sahara Africa.

Trending