Any surviving works on Barres educational system?

Just looking at Somalia today, is this really better than the horrid days under Afweyne? Atleast we had our dignity back in those days. We were a nation under MSB.
Said barre’s Somalia was basically modern day Eritrea.
Poor but with a decent army.

Said barre’s Somalia was basically modern day Eritrea.
Poor but with a decent army.
I think barres regime was honestly a bit richer than eritea today.; H
Screenshot_20220122-185544.png
gher literacy rate, education and general wealth.
I don't know if this was common in Ethiopia at the time but I think it's pretty impressive how he managed to make a nomadic language like Somali fit in to a modern day educational curriculum, pic related

I think barres regime was honestly a bit richer than eritea today.; HView attachment 212797gher literacy rate, education and general wealth.
I don't know if this was common in Ethiopia at the time but I think it's pretty impressive how he managed to make a nomadic language like Somali fit in to a modern day educational curriculum, pic related
It's a shame really. Imagine if kacaan somehow survived the communist collapse of the 90's, we'd probably have a fully literate population by now. A rarity for African standards. Now we're the bottom 5 of the world :mjcry:

It's a shame really. Imagine if kacaan somehow survived the communist collapse of the 90's, we'd probably have a fully literate population by now. A rarity for African standards. Now we're the bottom 5 of the world :mjcry:
Eh it's not that bad sxb. Literacy rate at barres peak was 60% and it dropped to 40% in 2015, it's probably a little bit higher today approximately 45-50%

Everyday it becomes more evident that Barre Era was true freedom. It's a shame his boon nephew is ruining his works as a MX.

Looking at the circumstances that he came to when he was elected as president, Farmaajo has done a lot for Somalia. This is how historians will judge him. As a matter fact, the amount of destabilization unleashed on his efforts to form a functioning state in Somalia by foreign powers, and their Somali stooges and how he managed to remain as president while state institutions are functioning is remarkable.

Last edited:

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
And the somali latin script is incredibly easy as well, no irregularities and everything is pronounced exactly as it is written unlike English

And the somali latin script is incredibly easy as well, no irregularities and everything is pronounced exactly as it is written unlike English
I don't like the use of double vowel thoughs, they should have used macrons like european/slavic languages

Trending

Latest posts