Any somali in the west who makes good money and doesn't invest any of it back home is a wasteman

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
Adopting and mentoring is far more effective than many of things people are doing right now. My first goal is to do what stormzy has already done make scholarships for people in Somalia at any level.

Why? Why should I feel an obligation to help somalia when it’s never helped me?
my goodness, no wonder we are a joke. there are actually somalis with this mentality.:mahubowtf:

you care more about these western countries that would enslave you if they could than you own roots. smh:farmajoyaab:

my goodness, no wonder we are a joke. there are actually somalis with this mentality.:mahubowtf:

you care more about these western countries that would enslave you if they could than you own roots. smh:farmajoyaab:
How’s this group mindset working out for y’all so far? Oh? That’s what I thought. Individualistic mindsets > group mindset.

Invest in what? There are no property rights there, even in Africa's best kept secret Somaliland.

Try to buy land anywhere and someone will move their fence a few meters every few months until they have gobbled it all up. Or they will bring forged government paperwork with stolen government stamps on it and say it belongs to them.

Or my favourite, you get into a years-long battle with some person you never met because they said "wallahi" the business you own belongs to them. "Wallahi" is their proof and you have to waste your time at some kangaroo court or pleading with corrupt government employees while you dine them and buy them khat and shah daily for years.

The Somali diaspora lacks patriotism Walahi. If I could help Somalia in any way, I would, even if that means I gain nothing. Yall seem to have “its all about me” mentality.

it's weird that some of you guys don't realize that we are seen as a joke in the west because our country is shit but you don't wanna help build it up.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Would love to. Could probably get sky high yields in Somalia but let's be real.

Anything you build there will be the common property of your clan or whichever warlord runs the area.

Taxes change every month and let's not even bring up the hidden "taxes".

Going there to check up on your employees and business is just asking to get kidnapped.

I'm a very cynical person sadly so I'll just wait it out.

If only would be investors in Somalia could come together and create a lobby force.

1,000 businessman putting up a couple thousand together could bribe half of Africa.

That should get us some laws that would protect our properties and get us transparent tax laws.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
I made 14k in 2.5 months at an software internship last summer.....(math doesn’t add up cause I went from 4 th grade to 6th grade, while I’m so my peers are always two years older)

Bought hooptie for 6k
Bought computer and phone and electronics
Kept most of rest for rent w roommates

why tf am I sending stuff to people I don’t even know?
Who can’t do anything for me?
One country 10 presidents....reminds me of war of the 5 kings game of thrones
When this country gets its act together I’ll send.....
And I’m not asking for much, just one president who isn’t a figurehead, one central govt and working system

and young folks on here get into STEM whallahi it is blessed.
Being able to give back to family is the best fr :mjlol:

Addislad

Farmaajo for president 2021
I will only invest once somalis mend their differences drive out Al and set up a strong central government until then adios

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

She's gaal. It's better for everyone if she forgets about Somalia entirely.

Trending