Any Somali from Washington DC, Maryland, and Alexandria VA here?

I had a business trip there recently. Everywhere I went to that area, Ethiopians were everywhere. However, I hardly saw any Somali there. So my question is, is the Ethiopian community far bigger than the Somali community? The Ethiopians dominate the airport, rental companies, cab drivers, even the hotel that I was sleeping in had Ethiopian front desk employees. They are very visible in DC area.

What were those Ethiopians like? Are they jar**rised or high functioning people? Also were they tight knit or mixing too much?

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
I had a business trip there recently. Everywhere I went to that area, Ethiopians were everywhere. However, I hardly saw any Somali there. So my question is, is the Ethiopian community far bigger than the Somali community? The Ethiopians dominate the airport, rental companies, cab drivers, even the hotel that I was sleeping in had Ethiopian front desk employees. They are very visible in DC area.
Yes Many Eithopian in DMV
DC , Maryland and Virginia
About 200, 000 Mostly Amhara
Somali Comunity is small, There are two Somali Malls in Virginia
There are some Somali restaurants

used to live there. there is a substantial amount of somalis living in the dmv area, but it's nothing compared to minneapolis or columbus somali communities, and you're right to assume that the ethiopian community is far larger

OffTheDome

Proud American
What were those Ethiopians like? Are they jar**rised or high functioning people? Also were they tight knit or mixing too much?
The Ethiopian community is much bigger than the Somali community. There’s a good amount of Somalis tho. Ethiopians have their own major suuq whiles Somalis got like 2 restaurants and 2 “malls”. We all get along though, their diaspora are great people.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
It is a well known fact that the DMV area is the Minnesota of the Ethiopians. Of all the US that’s where they got their people.
Second place with most Ethiopians is LA.
The most Oromos are in MN.

The Somalis in the DMV are folks that came there in the 1980s. Some settled there with looted Somali national treasures.

(BTW! You should take full advantage of the Ethiopian restaurant over there).

Trending