Any smokers that managed to quit?

Exodus

Alienist
I’m only 18 but have started smoking 3 times a day due to intense stress due to medical school and life in general, it’s also pretty cheap where I live. Does anyone have any actual stories of how they stopped smoking, it’s actually started to already affect me despite me only starting 6 months ago.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Cold turkey is the only it worked for me. You gotta stick by your decision, and cut off all friends who smoke

Exodus

Alienist
I went cold turkey when I got caught smoking by my family one beating should be enough
I live alone bro, there’s nobody to tell me to stop
Cold turkey is the only it worked for me. You gotta stick by your decision, and cut off all friends who smoke
Maybe when the stress goes down but until then I don’t think I have it in me to go cold turkey.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Maybe when the stress goes down but until then I don’t think I have it in me to go cold turkey.
I used to think that way too, its all in your head, I treated cigarettes like an enemy, I threw my pack out and lighters. now im clean alx.

People might not say anything but they do notice the smell and if anything smoking adds on to your stress.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Try it during Ramadan, I seen a lot of people it worked for, also try to get your fix elsewhere my uncle used to smoke like 4 packs a day and he now drinks 5 cups of coffee, pick your poison I guess

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
with addictions, you have to make urself busy whenever u get the feeling. I would suggest exercise to take ur mind off of the urge specially running :)

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
bro take high dose of magnesium, it takes the withdrawals and cravings away, just manage your triggers and replace them with healthier habits. like when you get stressed, instead of smoking go to your kitchen and slice up some apples. do that every time you get a trigger to smoke.

I’m only 18 but have started smoking 3 times a day due to intense stress due to medical school and life in general, it’s also pretty cheap where I live. Does anyone have any actual stories of how they stopped smoking, it’s actually started to already affect me despite me only starting 6 months ago.

I only smoke if I am in a setting where others are smoking but I never go out of my way to pay 40 pounds for a pack of ciggies. I started when I was 17 too in colly but I'm definitely going to completely stop. Can't risk lung cancer .

Where do you live? Usually having someone who doesn't smoke in the house can help.you be self conscious

Exodus

Alienist
I only smoke if I am in a setting where others are smoking but I never go out of my way to pay 40 pounds for a pack of ciggies. I started when I was 17 too in colly but I'm definitely going to completely stop. Can't risk lung cancer .

Where do you live? Usually having someone who doesn't smoke in the house can help.you be self conscious
I live in Turkey bro it’s so cheap here

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP

You just need to stop completely,
maybe find a substitute Shisha?

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
3 a day for 6 months isn't alarming, you're young and still have a life ahead of you.

Work out. Better yet, go for a run, running is the kryptonite for smokers.

Had my last cigarette maybe 2 weeks ago. If you want to quit, you need to stay away from everything that contains tobacco so no shisha or joints as well. I used to quit cigarettes but still smoke weed and/or shisha sometimes which meant I was still consuming tobacco. Stay away from friends and others that smoke as well - especially during the early stages.

Also, if you are doing medicine, it's always going to be stressful. Why add to the stress by creating health problems for yourself caused by the smoking ? I'm always stressed but smoking, drugs etc. isn't the answer.

Last edited:

Trending