Any recommendation for a good graphics card my GTX 1060 died?

did u watch the videos about the 3000 series? 3070 is $500 and just as good as a 2080 which is above $1000. 3080 is even better and still way cheaper. no reason to get a 2080

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
3070/3080/3090 are coming out I would wait for them. Honestly if you're using a 1060 you're probably still playing at 1080p so buying those premium GPU's is a genuine waste of money (unless you play high refresh rate 1440p or 4K) you're best off going for the mid range end unless you definitely want raytracing.

I think AMD drivers n software are safe at this point so I'd just go for a Rx 5600 xt (destroys 1080p and goes at 60FPS on 1440p) or maybe wait for new budget cards with raytracing.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Get the 3070 has 20 TFLOPS for 500

RTX 2080 TI has 13 TFLOPS for 1200

It far more powerful on paper but you have to wait for the benchmark. You can wait for 3060. It might have 2080 performance for 300/400 coming out early 2021

But future games are going to be running on nvme. Try to get a motherboard with pcie 4.0

Last edited:
Wait for the 3060 video card to come out. It’s coming out sooner than you think. Also Ethenet is superior to WiFi when it comes to gaming. You can build youre PC as cool high tech as you want but if you’re using WiFi youre wasting time.

Yukon_Niner

VIP
Is anyone waiting for RDNA2 (Big Navi)?

We've been getting fucked in the arse by Nvidia for too long insha'Allah the AMD god's will deliver.

Is anyone waiting for RDNA2 (Big Navi)?

We've been getting fucked in the arse by Nvidia for too long insha'Allah the AMD god's will deliver.
the hype behind RDNA 2 is depressing, doesn't the Xbox Series X have RDNA 2 and it's only 12 Tflops that's about as powerful as a RTX 2080TI.

Wait for the 3060 video card to come out. It’s coming out sooner than you think. Also Ethenet is superior to WiFi when it comes to gaming. You can build youre PC as cool high tech as you want but if you’re using WiFi youre wasting time.
that DLSS on the new CyberPunk preview was interesting to watch, AMD destroys NVDIA when it comes to midtier gpus.

3070/3080/3090 are coming out I would wait for them. Honestly if you're using a 1060 you're probably still playing at 1080p so buying those premium GPU's is a genuine waste of money (unless you play high refresh rate 1440p or 4K) you're best off going for the mid range end unless you definitely want raytracing.

I think AMD drivers n software are safe at this point so I'd just go for a Rx 5600 xt (destroys 1080p and goes at 60FPS on 1440p) or maybe wait for new budget cards with raytracing.
I want that 120fps, the more fps the better. I was a former console peasant a long time ago, the Xbox 360 days I hated the lag and the sub 30 fps framerate.

What are your opinions on the nexgen consoles, they seem pretty under-powered especially the PS5?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Wait....WTH are u guys talking about?? I am lost in Nerd-a-land

Yukon_Niner

VIP
the hype behind RDNA 2 is depressing, doesn't the Xbox Series X have RDNA 2 and it's only 12 Tflops that's about as powerful as a RTX 2080TI.
Console hardware isn't as powerful as PC shit. Same stuff with the PS4 and the Rx cards of their times. I'm just looking for something that kills it at quad HD with rtc enabled.

If you're like me and looking at the midrange stuff wait for the 3060 and the new AMD cards. They killed it with the 5600&5700 xt cards and managed to lower 2060 prices, if they do it again we get better shit.

Trending

Latest posts