Any Professional Gamers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here played any games at a pro or semi pro level?

At one point last year after i hit GM in OW i considered the possibility of playing professionally but the pressures of Uni and the likelihood of me even making it was very low which put me off.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Man mfs who play 2K, FIFA, Madden etc professionally are lucky af.

I'm still wondering why we haven't had a YouTube Somali gamer. With the fobs on YouTube like crazy these days you can make a killing playing FIFA. They'll subscribe and you can make a good content for them.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I play competitive on a game called Paladins. It's basically Overwatch. I can simply buy Overwatch and play it, but I've invested too much time in Paladins to switch now.

Now, as for your question, nope, never played in the pro leagues. For a couple of reasons:

1. In order for me to get good, I'd have to spend A LOT of time playing. I have a full time job and other responsibilities. So although I'm good, I'm simply not good enough to be in GM rank in the game due to time constraints.
2. Since I'm not particularly interested in being a pro gamer because it'll take away from my actual goals, and because I know I'll probably be sick of video games by my mid 30s - early 40s, there's no real future to getting to the pro esports world for me.
3. There are major physical consequences to the pro gaming world. Constantly looking at a screen for 12 hours a day. Constantly playing a game until you know everything. Each match being repetitive cause you gotta play a certain way. Sitting all the time. Ppl yelling at you for bad draft picks, being out of position, losing certain holds that's needed to gain the point, etc. f*ck all of that.
4. Society is not yet equip to handle the esports world on a social level. There's nothing wrong with gaming, but due to social stigmas, I'd rather be perceived as normal when I'm interested in courting a woman to be my wife and start my family. Also, the type of women that I've seen be interested in gaming haven't really appealed to me. Finally, being a serious father is one of my biggest goals growing up, so constantly playing video games kind of takes me away from that.

But currently, I'm playing video games A LOT! And I'm perfectly happy about it.

Asian pro gamers when they lose

tenor.gif

I play competitive on a game called Paladins. It's basically Overwatch. I can simply buy Overwatch and play it, but I've invested too much time in Paladins to switch now.

Now, as for your question, nope, never played in the pro leagues. For a couple of reasons:

1. In order for me to get good, I'd have to spend A LOT of time playing. I have a full time job and other responsibilities. So although I'm good, I'm simply not good enough to be in GM rank in the game due to time constraints.
2. Since I'm not particularly interested in being a pro gamer because it'll take away from my actual goals, and because I know I'll probably be sick of video games by my mid 30s - early 40s, there's no real future to getting to the pro esports world for me.
3. There are major physical consequences to the pro gaming world. Constantly looking at a screen for 12 hours a day. Constantly playing a game until you know everything. Each match being repetitive cause you gotta play a certain way. Sitting all the time. Ppl yelling at you for bad draft picks, being out of position, losing certain holds that's needed to gain the point, etc. f*ck all of that.
4. Society is not yet equip to handle the esports world on a social level. There's nothing wrong with gaming, but due to social stigmas, I'd rather be perceived as normal when I'm interested in courting a woman to be my wife and start my family. Also, the type of women that I've seen be interested in gaming haven't really appealed to me. Finally, being a serious father is one of my biggest goals growing up, so constantly playing video games kind of takes me away from that.

But currently, I'm playing video games A LOT! And I'm perfectly happy about it.

Playing overwatch rn after not having touched it in liked almost a year thinking how lit this is. What the f*ck even is Paladin

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Playing overwatch rn after not having touched it in liked almost a year thinking how lit this is. What the f*ck even is Paladin
It's basically Overwatch. If you ever decide to try it, I'll give my username and we can game sxb LOL

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
:cosbyhmm:

Ill have to YT it, seems like it came out after overwatch. What makes it better? Im an unranked casual scrub on overwatch doe
Paladins is more balanced. And the classes are legitimate. All tanks have good shields. All flanks have good mobility. All damage do good damage. All supports have kits that don't only limit them to healing, but also include strong crowd control and escapes.

There's an itemization feature in the game that aids in counters. A load out system with legendary cards that allows for strong customization, so 2 players can play the same champion but play in VERY different ways.

The maps are symmetrical. So both sides have the same advantages.

All in all, it's a fair game imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending