Any of you reported someone to the police for harassment or got a restraining order out on someone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So close walahi. So close. Already been to the police but didn't go through with the statement/report/whatever you call it. If I hear anything from him, he's done for. :/

Apparently harassment is easier to prove rather than stalking. Harassment just needs to be more that one occasion (e.g. more than one phone call, email etc.)

God bless the lovely ladies at Rights for Women for their legal advice <3

I snitched on a former neighbor to the cops because he used to abuse his partner all the time. She always made excuses for the injures he caused her till one day, he bashed her so severely that she was in a coma for months. He was tried and sent to jail. The only time I’ve to deal with the cops.

So close walahi. So close. Already been to the police but didn't go through with the statement/report/whatever you call it. If I hear anything from him, he's done for. :/

Apparently harassment is easier to prove rather than stalking. Harassment just needs to be more that one occasion (e.g. more than one phone call, email etc.)

Kuleyl

Was he a Somali? Husband/boyfriend?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー

I hope it works our for you. No one deserves to be harassed. If this expedites our cultural transition here, I'm for it. I do believe we can keep our Somali and Islamic identity. However, it has become very apparent to me that there are a few among us that ruin our reputation. If it was legal, I'd wish for their deaths. However, if they're arrested and made criminals, it may work out for the best.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I snitched on a former neighbor to the cops because he used to abuse his partner all the time. She always made excuses for the injures he caused her till one day, he bashed her so severely that she was in a coma for months. He was tried and sent to jail. The only time I’ve to deal with the cops.
Good on you man! Respect! :salute:

Got a restraining order for my stalker back in 2016

Cops are aite. I am a law abiding citizen so don't have a problem going to them if I need to. Somalis need to use them more. How many Somalis know that you can get compensation for physical and/or mental injuries caused by crime? Or just how the legal system works with the different courts etc?

Regarding domestic violence, yeah, I called the police on my neighbours once. Something was kicking off and i was worried. There were children and women in that house. I have no problem going to the police about DV, sexual violence, murder etc.

However, not getting involved if i see drug dealing, fraud etc. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts