Any of you guys mixed race or of a different ethnicity/race? Don't be scared to share

The Afro Emiratis are paternal, they do speak Somali too. The Jamaican girl is mixed, her dad is half White/Jamaican and no, she doesn't know Somali.
Are your family kind off ashamed of her? Im trying to be respectful and mean no harm, I knew old guys who behave well with their mixed grandparents but in the cafes they say they wish the kids were full somalis so thats why i ask a lot of the older generation have enormous contempt for mixed breeds.

Are your family kind off ashamed of her? Im trying to be respectful and mean no harm, I knew old guys who behave well with their mixed grandparents but in the cafes they say they wish the kids were full somalis so thats why i ask a lot of the older generation have enormous contempt for mixed breeds.
Don't know, I never asked them

You should teach her somali she is your blood anyways may try to move her closer to somali culture otherways i dont think her kids and your kids will have a lot of contact since they wont have same cultural basis
The mixed Jamaican/British is a grown up, it would be weird trying to teach her

Paternal mixed somalis are as somali as us full ethnic.

But the issue is alot of them are sell-outs and don't claim their somali side even though these niggas have a qabil.

I heard a story my cousin told me about how he was at a janazah for an isaaq oday and this fully caadan man turns up saying he is HY from his paternal great grandfather.

Turns out they verified this caadan mans claim.

:damn:

Jamal The Magnificent

Smoking on that tooka pack
Paternal mixed somalis are as somali as us full ethnic.

But the issue is alot of them are sell-outs and don't claim their somali side even though these niggas have a qabil.

I heard a story my cousin told me about how he was at a janazah for an isaaq oday and this fully caadan man turns up saying he is HY from his paternal great grandfather.

Turns out they verified this caadan mans claim.

:damn:
Not all of them tho

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I’m half somali myself and if my mom was somali she wouldn’t teach me shit and my dad was the one teaching me the traditions and culture

I'm speaking about trends. I have seen more culturally apathetic aabos. And they call it a mother tongue for a reason.

I know half Somalis with aabos that are in tune with their culture but thats because of a consorted effort from the father. @Ebuo and @Giftxo appear to agree that mothers seem to (1) have more face time with kids and (2) are normally better conduits of culture (in attire, customs, culinary skill and language).

Jamal The Magnificent

Smoking on that tooka pack
I'm speaking about trends. I have seen more culturally apathetic aabos. And they call it a mother tongue for a reason.

I know half Somalis with aabos that are in tune with their culture but thats because of a consorted effort from the father. @Ebuo and @Giftxo appear to agree that mothers seem to (1) have more face time with kids and (2) are normally better conduits of culture (in attire, customs, culinary skill and language).
I disagree with you

Trending

Latest posts