Any developments for Somali National Airforce?

Getting some air power is the only thing that can decisively & dramatically shift the balance of power between the SNA and all other militia groups and non state actors. I’m not even talking about fighter jets, even helicopters will do.

anyone know why pilots aren’t being trained? Even if arms embargo is lifted it would take years to train and procure aircraft so why not just get started.

plus helicopters aren’t as prone to theft and falling into hands of al shabab so I don’t get what the hold up is.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Getting some air power is the only thing that can decisively & dramatically shift the balance of power between the SNA and all other militia groups and non state actors. I’m not even talking about fighter jets, even helicopters will do.

anyone know why pilots aren’t being trained? Even if arms embargo is lifted it would take years to train and procure aircraft so why not just get started.

plus helicopters aren’t as prone to theft and falling into hands of al shabab so I don’t get what the hold up is.

They are trained in Turkey, but aren't deployed in Somalia yet because of Arms embargo

This is from all the way back 2017

Looks like they are training on European typhoon jets and a Turkish version of UH60.

I don’t get why they are being trained on typhoon though. Somalia cannot afford that nor does it need it. More suitable would be propeller jets like the A29.

Typical zoumalia.
He wants to get air power in Somalia to use it on other Somalis.

:kodaksmiley:

Da fuq?
We are in a war with al shabab and already are killing somalis. We are fighting an insurgency dummy. Somalia will never be a true state without complete and total monopoly of violence in all regions it claims jurisdiction, air power is absolutely required in that regard.

now how do I know, never seeing your name before, that you are from DummyLand?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
👏 👏

amazing

any details on what type of aircraft they are training on?

1000 is ridiculous though, sounds made up tbh
That Kenyan is likely speculating on the numbers since they haven't been published. Not sure on what type of equipment the Turks have them train on.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
This is from all the way back 2017

Looks like they are training on European typhoon jets and a Turkish version of UH60.

I don’t get why they are being trained on typhoon though. Somalia cannot afford that nor does it need it. More suitable would be propeller jets like the A29.
They photoshopped the Somali flag on a random fighter pilot.

Schitts Creek Laughing GIF by CBC

They photoshopped the Somali flag on a random fighter pilot.

Schitts Creek Laughing GIF by CBC
lol I don’t know why these Twitter weirdos make fake news like this.

never made sense to begin with tbh

Da fuq?
We are in a war with al shabab and already are killing somalis. We are fighting an insurgency dummy. Somalia will never be a true state without complete and total monopoly of violence in all regions it claims jurisdiction, air power is absolutely required in that regard.

now how do I know, never seeing your name before, that you are from DummyLand?
You did not mention Ashabab, you said other militias. I support carpet bombing alshabab, but not your average Somali no matter how many militias they have.
no I am not from Somaliland.
Somalia once had a decent air power, what happened after it was used to bomb civilians in the north?

Somali people aren't very fond of governments that oppress its people. We should think better than to think we should equip our country only to oppress our own people.

You did not mention Ashabab, you said other militias. I support carpet bombing alshabab, but not your average Somali no matter how many militias they have.
no I am not from Somaliland.
Somalia once had a decent air power, what happened after it was used to bomb civilians in the north?

Somali people aren't very fond of governments that oppress its people. We should think better than to think we should equip our country only to oppress our own people.
Fair enough

I agree with you air power should be used exclusively on al shabab. I don’t think it should ever be used in north as well, that would backfire big time.

but still even having it is a huge shift in balance of power and can still have an effect on all parties. Sometimes deterrence that comes with having air power is sufficient in itself.

Fair enough

I agree with you air power should be used exclusively on al shabab. I don’t think it should ever be used in north as well, that would backfire big time.
I am glad you are not crazy like the idiots who proclaim to be nationalists but at the same time call for the blood of their countrymen just because their politics is different.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

Trending