Any Boxers on SomaliSpot ?

If so how long have been boxing ? Do box for lieutenant or actually participate it as a sport ? If so, how many amateur fights have you been in ?

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
I used to box and kick box in high school briefly, would have pursued it more but poverty struck yet again. Someone I had a crush on then used to do it, and invited me to their club. Very fun times lol. :lolbron:

It was fun doing the training and keeping the nutrition schedule, but couldn't afford to keep doing it, and Somalis are poor as shit aka hoyo had no money for it, but had money to feed grown able bodied men in somalia :ivers:

For those looking to try it, I say go for it, and don't be afraid of getting hit :manny:

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I often wondered why Somalis are non-existent in combat sport gyms.

They have the long reach advantage that they can utilize and an ectomorph body where a 6ft can fight in smaller weightclass so shorter bulky fighters will have hard time bypassing their long reach.

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Nah The only combat sport I was into was Greco/freestyle wrestling from high school to uni.

Boxing wasnโ€™t really my thing but do I like watching it

Yes. I did training for a year and a half and did some sparring too. It was a local gym and I'd train/spar with others around my age. I stopped boxing training but still go gym.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I have done MMA before which is mix martial arts. They teach you a mixing of wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Judo and Muay Thai.

Within Muay Thai they do have some boxing elements but you can ask for pure boxing if you want to transition into MMA.

I would prefer you to do MMA because it's the most realistic fighting and you would do well in a street fight.

Imagine just only doing pure boxing and someone does a double leg takedown or uses Uki goshi on you? How are you going to fend yourself from that situation? How are you going to get out from their side control when they are on top of you brutally pounding your face? Fighting is about preparing for the outcome and countering their techniques.

Last edited:
I was a die-hard boxing fan growing up, I dreamed of being a boxer after watching Ali and Tyson fights. so I decided to join my local boxing club and realized I was too unfit and didn't have the talent for it, so I gave up and decided to just box and spar for fitness and stamina reasons only.

I also joined the club late, I was about 21 years old when I joined my first boxing club. I know that if you want to get into any sport seriously, you have to start at a younger age and plus have the raw natural talent for it which I didn't unfortunately when it came to the sport of boxing.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I did kick boxing in Uni, lesson I learned is properly wrap up your smaller knuckles because they can get sore easily and even break if you're unlucky.

Trending

Latest posts