Any books about Somali history

I donโ€™t know many but the Futuh al-Habasha is a good one and the most known, though itโ€™s more so Horn African history than strictly Somali.

Strawberry

๐’š๐’๐’–๐’„,Soomaalinimada,๐’–๐’๐’˜๐’’๐’†๐’˜
Can anyone give me books names about Somali history
I hope your thread receives more attention; it is a very important topic. I would like to know as well.

For southern somalia Virginia Lulings book on the geledi sultanate named "Somali sultanate: Geledi ciy state over 150 years" and Leo Cassaneli "Shaping of Somali society" are pretty good. A great book which gives a good overview on the history of all somali is Mohamed Haji Mukhtars book " Historical Dictionary of Somalia"

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
Like what for example
i don't remember it exactly, but like when he talked about wars between somalis and some other people (i think). referring to them as stupid or something along those lines. like even if they were stupid, it isn't your job to say so. your job is to only discuss the history. after reading him repeat that a couple of times, just couldn't trust the rest of the book ig

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
i don't remember it exactly, but like when he talked about wars between somalis and some other people (i think). referring to them as stupid or something along those lines. like even if they were stupid, it isn't your job to say so. your job is to only discuss the history. after reading him repeat that a couple of times, just couldn't trust the rest of the book ig
Yh I only read about the saints

There is a guy on Twitter claimed he was a nothing but a fraud

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
For southern somalia Virginia Lulings book on the geledi sultanate named "Somali sultanate: Geledi ciy state over 150 years" and Leo Cassaneli "Shaping of Somali society" are pretty good. A great book which gives a good overview on the history of all somali is Mohamed Haji Mukhtars book " Historical Dictionary of Somalia"

Wasnโ€™t Cassanelli the one that claimed arabs or swahilis found Xamar and other koonfuur coastal cities? I would take anything he says with caution or outright reject. Definitely questionable man.

Strawberry

๐’š๐’๐’–๐’„,Soomaalinimada,๐’–๐’๐’˜๐’’๐’†๐’˜
I have a book that's in Somali and it lays out Somali history from the 1400s to the present day.
Please do share pictures of the book; that would be great.โ˜บ๏ธ

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Do u have free link or pdf of this book so I can read it
You can go to z library for those books, I cant share you link cuz the website told me not share the domain, I think it has something to with the site always getting taken down by the federal government of USA

"Somali sultanate: Geledi ciy state over 150 year" is a hard book to get hands on I've scoured the Web

Trending