Anxiety

Assalamualaikum Sspot Family,

This is actually very personal to me but I want to share because one of you may be going through the exact same thing. I've been dealing with anxiety for most of my life (I remember having a panic attack as early as 4th grade) and I just wanted to share some tips that have been helping me manage as of late.

1) Acknowledge and recognize what you're going through. Before you can work through anxiety/depression, you have to admit that it actually exists. I had to accept when my doctor told me that I have anxiety so then I had to find out ways to manage and overcome it.

2) Get professional help. Seeking help is NOT a sign of weakness. It shows that you care about getting better and bidthnillah ta'ala you WILL get better...YOU just have to believe it. If you've seen a therapist in the past, and for some reason didn't feel like your therapist was helping you, try to find another one. I started therapy last week and I purposefully chose a Black woman because I feel like she can relate better to me and my situation. I found my therapist on www.psychologytoday.com

A YouTube channel that has also been helpful to me is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ImprovementPath

Also, my vitamin D levels were low so my doctor had me on prescription vitamin D for three months until it got back to normal. Low vitamin D levels can affect your health SO much especially since we spend a lot of time indoors. My hair was falling out in clumps at one point. Wallahi I really feel like taking vitamin D really helped with both my depressive moods and my overall health. So please consider getting your doctor to check your blood.

3) Remember your Creator. Allah SWT will not put you through anything that you can't handle and any hardship that a Muslim goes through will only cleanse you. God says that it's in the remembrance of Him that hearts will find rest. So try to make it a habit to read some Quran or do athkar or pray extra sunnah prayers because you will find that your heart and mind will be at ease. I try to make it a habit to do athkar in the morning and evenings. I like following these videos:

(morning)

(evening)

Even if these are too long for you, just try to at least recite Surah Al Fatiha, Ayatul Kursi, Surah Al Ikhlas, Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Nas. Remember, anything is better than nothing!!

4) Exercise. Even if it's just stretching or walking. Move your body as much as you can. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins which are natural pain relievers. So inshaAllah you will be relieved. My physical therapist also recommended that I follow videos on physiological quieting. Here's an example:

Also make sure you are eating as healthy as possible and try to drink lots of water so you are staying hydrated. Personally I've been cutting back on caffeine because it gives me headaches.

5) Spend time in nature. Take a walk around your neighborhood in the morning to see the trees and feel the sun on your skin and to hear the birds chirping. It will be an instant mood booster inshaAllah. I love exercising outside in the morning because I can spend time in nature while also moving my body.

6) Practice self-care (yes you guys too!). You are beautiful and you are worthy of all good things so treat yourself as such. Do whatever makes you happy. Take a bath, put on a face mask, exfoliate your skin, put on perfume/cologne, light a candle or some bakhoor, eat your favorite snacks, drink an herbal tea, watch a show that you like. Whatever makes YOU happy and at ease, do it. When you get into this habit of taking care of and loving yourself, you will start to be more relaxed and hopeful about the future inshaAllah.

7) Know that you are loved by so many people who want you to get better. And you WILL get better. Allah SWT says in the Quran (Surah Al Anfal, Verse 53) that He doesn't change the condition of a people, until they change it for themselves! This basically means WE have to put in the work if we want to improve our life and Allah SWT will take care of the rest.

May Allah SWT heal us from our afflictions and may it be a means to drawing nearer to Him. Ameen :it0tdo8:

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
I am a girl lol but jazakAllah khair John will do
my bad sister LOL. I've been dealing with anxiety since last week but that was mainly due to lack of sleep and eating less calories, but its been getting better.

Anxiety needs to be talked about more often,it can lead to bigger issues down the line

my bad sister LOL. I've been dealing with anxiety since last week but that was mainly due to lack of sleep and eating less calories, but its been getting better.

Anxiety needs to be talked about more often,it can lead to bigger issues down the line

Alhamdulilah. May Allah SWT continue to heal you. Ameen.

And yes you're right! I couldn't believe how many physical symptoms can occur because of anxiety alone.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Alhamdulilah. May Allah SWT continue to heal you. Ameen.

And yes you're right! I couldn't believe how many physical symptoms can occur because of anxiety alone.
I hope you are doing well. Have you tried CBD? Do you also have acid reflux?

I hope you are doing well. Have you tried CBD? Do you also have acid reflux?

Thank you akhi. Acid reflux among other things (tingling, twitching, spasms, back pain etc.) The list goes on and on. My symptoms were so severe that I swore I had MS but alhamdulilah after several MRI's I was cleared of it.

And no I've never looked into CBD. I have used black seed oil though.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Thank you akhi. Acid reflux among other things (tingling, twitching, spasms, back pain etc.) The list goes on and on. My symptoms were so severe that I swore I had MS but alhamdulilah after several MRI's I was cleared of it.

And no I've never looked into CBD. I have used black seed oil though.
Damn, I'm glad you have fixed your issue. This is a very informative thread and thank you for providing this great info!

I used to be scared of darkness growing up. Getting used to the source of fear helps. Looking back, I don't know what caused my fear and anxiety. Considering how stories of Jinni sighting in our area by neighbors used to be common, I guess as a kid, I could have developed fear of the dark at night.

ReerGarissa

Your feet look like two sacks of shit
I used to be scared of darkness growing up. Getting used to the source of fear helps. Looking back, I don't know what caused my fear and anxiety. Considering how stories of Jinni sighting in our area by neighbors used to be common, I guess as a kid, I could have developed fear of the dark at night.

The night has much more to offer than day time.

Trending